Toronto The Selby | 165.5m | 50s | Tricon | bKL Architecture

I was driving in to the city (from the north) on the DVP and noticed that this one really stands out. It looks way taller than 166m, I thought it was 200m+ from the impact it has. The material they used really stands out as well. Great addition.

Yesterday evening.

selbyjune24800.jpg

Attachments

• selbyjune24800.jpg
    selbyjune24800.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 542
Walking by the other day I noticed that this mansion has been moved much closer to the sidewalk than its immediate neighbor to the south.

I think it's a bit misleading right now because of the hoarding and scaffolding, but they are roughly the same distance from the sidewalk. There is a construction trailer parked between the house and sidewalk right behind the hoarding, with scaffolding set up behind that. Quite a bit of space right there.

What a lovely building. There is nothing like it in Toronto. Great impact on the skyline especially coming from the north east, down the DVP. Seems like MOD is committed to getting the details right and making a complete building. There is no "if only" with this one (unlike 1 yorkville, 10 york, the list goes on). With Massy, Selby and 5 St. Joseph MOD is killing it.

Also PLEASE more bKL in Toronto.

Granted, investors should have known better but it must really suck to own a north facing unit in James Cooper Condos or whatever it's called.

I really like the building and its presence. I did have a thought today while going through the photos that maybe they should put a mural in the notch out part of the building? Could be pretty cool if done right, as it currently looks odd to me.

Back