Toronto Scotiabank North Tower at Bay Adelaide Centre | 140.2m | 32s | Brookfield | KPMB

20210226_180323.jpg

🧐 Doesn't look like this will make it into frame

Does anyone know if the tower is fully leased?

anyone know how this one has been able to continue construction through the lockdown? How did it manage to qualify to continue? My understanding was basically that the only construction that was actually shut down was office building construction..

What’s planned for the park that they shut down for staging during construction? Is it being rebuilt as it was before or is there a new concept? I’m moving nearby and given that it’s not a residential-first neighbourhood, green space is definitely lacking. This little spot will be a welcome oasis.

What’s planned for the park that they shut down for staging during construction? Is it being rebuilt as it was before or is there a new concept? I’m moving nearby and given that it’s not a residential-first neighbourhood, green space is definitely lacking. This little spot will be a welcome oasis.
The Park will certainly be rebuilt (and better connected to the greenhouse (Cloud Garden) that was sadly overlooked by visitors in the past) but I have not seen plans. The local BIA were involved I think. It's in Joe Cressy's ward.

Last edited:
The Park will certainly be rebuilt (and better connected to the greenhouse (Cloud Garden) that was sadly overlooked by visitors in the past) but I have not seen plans. The local BIA were involved I think. It's in Joe Cressy's ward.

Thanks for the update. I looked up the ward map. It’s KWT. Damn it. I’m just one street over from having been in Wong Tam’s ward. Cressy has been a sh*t councillor to those of us on King West.

Yes KWT, Ward 13. I misread the map!
I asked the BIA what was happening and the restoration of the western part of the Park will be done by Brookfield. "Thanks for your note. Under the current agreement with the City and Brookfield, park reinstatement work will not address the eastern section of the park, which includes the existing greenhouse, water feature, public art and associated ramp structures. The City is reviewing opportunities to make improvements to this section of the park."

That sucks, I thought they were going to have Brookfield do the repairs to the greenhouse.

Back