Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

The way the fluorescent lights appear suspended in space and float behind the fritted pattern on the exterior glazing is a really neat effect. I love the interaction between the fritting/vision glass/ lighting.

roJuWtZ.jpg

sBcG1Qx.jpg

These 2 Ryerson buildings compliment each other well. I love both, but that old brutalist bunker looks much cooler with this glass incarnation juxtaposed with it. I suppose someone will deem the older building horrible because it doesn't conform to current tastes and call for a re-clad or demolition.

Last edited:
These 2 Ryerson buildings compliment each other well. I love both, but that old brutalist bunker looks much cooler with this glass incarnation juxtaposed with it. I suppose someone will deem the older building horrible because it doesn't conform to current tastes and call for a re-clad or demolition.

I would never accept the brutalist building being located on Yonge, but I do agree that this juxtaposition is ideal. Too much conformity is never interesting.

Man I can't wait for this to officially open. Finding a place to work and study at Ryerson is currently a great challenge, the library is always packed, the podium is usually full, there are not much spaces in other buildings beyond that.

It will be complete sometime in the next semester I hope?

Back