Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

Pano I snapped today
Ryerson.jpg

Attachments

• Ryerson.jpg
    Ryerson.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,049
Wow, gorgeous skies in Toronto today. Same in Boston. Thanks for the shot. It's really starting to come together. Looking forward to when they start getting the scaffolding down and we can make out the form a bit more.

The mock-up, from before all of the windows were ordered, was put up on Church Street a couple years ago. A mock-up was also done for Sick Kids' Research Tower a few years ago on the side of the Uno Prii designed nurses' residence on Elm. Mock-ups don't go on the final building. They are created in advance and discarded eventually.

This is an installation. Only some of it has gone up so far, likely for them to gain experience as to how the rest of the installation is going to go once they get right into it. What's there now is almost certainly permanent.

Hanging a veil like that and stacking curtainwall also requires completely different sets of equipment and different arrangements of the crew. If it were me I wouldn't bother with the stack until the veil was finished (they couldn't finish it because they still had scaffolding and ramps in the way), and the floors above were clear of shoring jacks so that a lifting rig can be moved around the floors without all kinds of slow and irritating maneuvering.

For the record atodaso, nobody "decided the conversation needed to be revised for appearances". As has been posted in many places around the UrbanToronto Forum…

Emergency Backup!
We are sorry to say that we had to shut down the UrbanToronto Forum briefly this afternoon and restore it from backups from the wee hours this morning.

It is quite possible that all posts from today have been lost permanently. We will attempt to retrieve them, but it may not be technically feasible. If you remember what you posted in any particular threads which is no longer there, please go ahead and re-post.

We are very sorry for the hiccup. Well, more like a loud, smelly, belch. We are very sorry.

So, that said, the foreman misspoke, and whoever else it was that told you the glazing is permanent is correct.

You are correct, and the glazing that is presently up is only a test, or, according to the foreman whom I spoke to today, a 'mock up". He told me that no further cladding would be installed until, as you point out, the forming is complete and the shoring equipment is removed.

You would have been able to read this here but 42 decided the conversation needed to be revised for appearances, or something.

Actually, if you understood my post I was agreeing with 42, not you. That's clearly not a mock up, that's finished wall. Are you sure you were talking a foreman? And was it a foreman from the glazing company? It would be odd for the glazing foreman to be on the ground, when his work is three floors up. I know I hardly spent any time at all on the ground when I was pushing.

I thought it was topped out? My goodness, much taller than I anticipated. This project has massive frontage on Yonge Street!

Back