Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

Hey it was just my oppinion, clearly not a factual statement. Thats just how I always saw Young Street growing up.

Back on the topic, Ryerson has turned out to be quite the iconic statement along here now. It is a great addition.

Last edited:
Hey it was just my oppinion, clearly not a factual statement. Thats just how I always saw Young Street growing up.

Back on the topic, Ryerson has turned out to be quite the iconic statement along here now. It is a great addition.

I think khristopher's main concern was the spelling of Yonge with a u and no e.

Two construction milestones for the Ryerson Student Learning Centre this week - the first of three green roofs has been planted and the crane dis-assembly has begun:

Crane + green roof.jpg

Attachments

• Crane + green roof.jpg
    Crane + green roof.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,546
^ Not a fan of that, at all. I think it would have looked better if they continued the pattern along the entire blank face, as opposed to just the corner.

I disagree -- I like that the band of patterning is continued. My objection is more generally that the blank wall, no matter what treatment, isn't integrated with the rest of the building. I think the pattern continuation is the best of a bad situation, but I would have preferred a more inviting surface broken up by windows or some other features.

That wall is butting very close to the property line, so they wouldn't have been able to put windows into it if they wanted. I guess it could have been broken up through a different treatment, but I also can't see that wall being exposed for too long. There's been lots of talk of redevelopment on that block

Do we know which retailer(s) are going into project?

Back