Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

This is such a fantastic project, but if I have one niggling complaint, it is that for all the attention to cladding detail, the designs on the individual panels do not line up with their adjacent panels. I think the impact of the overall cladding would have been even more pronounced if it appeared as a connected design, rather than discrete panels. (That would have no doubt been much more expensive to realize, however.)

ryj10.jpg

Attachments

• ryj10.jpg
    ryj10.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 2,038
This is such a fantastic project, but if I have one niggling complaint, it is that for all the attention to cladding detail, the designs on the individual panels do not line up with their adjacent panels. I think the impact of the overall cladding would have been even more pronounced if it appeared as a connected design, rather than discrete panels. (That would have no doubt been much more expensive to realize, however.)

There's no reason to believe that having the cladding detail line up would have been more expensive. The architects simply chose not to do that. I suppose they want a more frenetic and disjointed look to the building, whereas you're looking for something calmer and more integrated. Simply a design choice.

Word on the street is that horse has diabetes, and should not be fed candy. If you feed it candy, they may send you to the R.C. Harris Prison. Too obscure? I know PE gets the reference.

Not sure if this has been posted or not....

[video=youtube;ZfH8Y4E0HCk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfH8Y4E0HCk[/video]

Young street just dosent have the same downtowny feel like it did when Sam the record man and its sign was there. The Sign animated the street and made it have a different feel and felt more like Toronto. Now, though it looks nice with the new additions along the stretch, just feels more like every other majore city. We could use more "Sam like signage" along here again. jmo

Young street just dosent have the same downtowny feel like it did when Sam the record man and its sign was there. The Sign animated the street and made it have a different feel and felt more like Toronto. Now, though it looks nice with the new additions along the stretch, just feels more like every other majore city. We could use more "Sam like signage" along here again. jmo
Seriously? It's Yonge.

Back