Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

Went on a tour of the SLC last week, thought I'd share a few more interior photos of the interior and rooftop.

The on-going glass install:
RyU_SLC '14 0530 379.jpg

A look through the frit glass
SLC1.jpg

Panorama of rooftop construction
RyU_SLC '14 0527 042-062.jpg

Attachments

• RyU_SLC '14 0527 042-062.jpg
    RyU_SLC '14 0527 042-062.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,265
  • RyU_SLC '14 0530 379.jpg
    RyU_SLC '14 0530 379.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,269
  • SLC1.jpg
    SLC1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,269
Last edited:

God i can hardly wait until they tear down that sheet metal HMV shack and put up a real building--like one designed by an architect.

Seeing that design-build carbuncle on Yonge Street, especially beside the imaginative, provocative and visually interesting new building is a real drag.

One day, Toronto will have restrictions in place, rendering it impossible for grifters and hacks to put up this kind of garbage on the main thoroughfares in the city.

Unfortunately we have a building just south of the HMV, which is designed by an architect and is actually worse.

Unfortunately we have a building just south of the HMV, which is designed by an architect and is actually worse.

i know, it's sheet metal row there....
the fact that buildings of this calibre are allowed to go up on major streets in the city is a crime.

I love the angled concrete architectural beams, and hope that the glass that goes on the triangle can showcase this rather than covering it up.

Ooh have fun in NYC! Make sure to post some of your photos in the NYC threads we have in the world section of the Forum.

I most certainly will! I'm realizing now I should've done my research as to what buildings to check out but I guess I can just keep my eyes open and be constantly looking around lol

Chrysler building, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Wall St and surrounding areas, Flatiron Building, Brooklyn Bridge, NY Public Library, 5th Ave, 6th Ave, Highline Park. Definitely should look around for others too.

I actually saw/took photos of all of those on my first trip (not including high line). I was thinking more of super talls currently under construction (I think I read there are 16 supertalls under construction atm) or new buildings (can't wait to see One World Trade Center completed!)

Chrysler building, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Wall St and surrounding areas, Flatiron Building, Brooklyn Bridge, NY Public Library, 5th Ave, 6th Ave, Highline Park. Definitely should look around for others too.
Great list; when you're in the "lowers" take time to scout out the Woolworth building... IMO the best high rise structure of the 20th century...

Great list; when you're in the "lowers" take time to scout out the Woolworth building... IMO the best high rise structure of the 20th century...

Forgot to mention, take the Roosevelt Island Tram for some amazing views.

[video=youtube_share;WwOudRVn9zs]http://youtu.be/WwOudRVn9zs[/video]

Back