Toronto Ryerson: Jarvis Street Residence | 97.53m | 30s | Ryerson University | IBI Group

Doesn't live up to the renderings either.

I dunno about that

vnjfbq.png

Capture2.png

Doesn't live up to the renderings either. (This is a university build afterall)

At least if has colour. It does scream AHHHH! .... 230 Simcoe ... so far.

Nope, but I wasn't that smitten by the renderings to start - and like you've said it is a university build. I didn't think there was an attempt to overpromise like the College Street Residence though.

I dunno about that.

Oh definitely some differences - the mullions are close to invisible in the rendering; and the podium uses spider clamps (don't see that now - just some regular unitized assemblies).

AoD

The coloured panels look like curtain wall in the renderings while the actual product is window wall.

I do expect better from a university than the private sector. Of course, I see now this isn't just a university build.

This isn't an university build, though. It's a private company that has ryerson as its tenant that is going to operate a student res in it.

Besides most student res buildings are butt ugly all across the province.

That rendering takes all sorts of liberties with the way glazing is represented. Don't expect the SS glazed portions to look anything like what is depicted or you're going to be in for some real disappointment.

I just wasn't expecting the structural glazing to end up as curtain wall and the curtain wall to end up window wall. That's not just creative license. I was under the impression this was a university build until my last post. I'm no long surprised with how it is turning out. I can't wait to see the rest of the cladding.

The only structural glazing on the project are the pop-outs on the building.

And are people really still saying ... "well the rendering looked like ........"?

Back