Royal Ontario Museum | ?m | ?s | Daniel Libeskind

stjames2queenwest

Member Bio
Reaction score
@AlvinofDiaspar Yes, bad potentially for the museum's collection. I'm sure as long as it doesn't get out of hand, it's probably not too terrible. I mean it survives school groups. Though I bet Japan's wooden temples probably thought they were fun at first too.
What I was actually meaning to say is that raccoons are awesome.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
@AlvinofDiaspar Yes, bad potentially for the museum's collection. I'm sure as long as it doesn't get out of hand, it's probably not too terrible. I mean it survives school groups. Though I bet Japan's wooden temples probably thought they were fun at first too.
What I was actually meaning to say is that raccoons are awesome.

The only form of raccoon that should be in the ROM is taxidermied or skeletonized.

AoD

GeneralGrievance

Member Bio
Reaction score
Some years back I worked at the ROM gift store as a summer job. At night, we had to lock up all the food in a separate cupboard. Otherwise, we'd find chocolatey racoon footprints all over the place in the morning. Sometimes we'd get squirrels too. So yeah, there was most definitely a raccoon problem. And then some.

am29

Member Bio
Reaction score
"Night at the Museum" played by raccoons?

AoD

163.gif

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score
TORONTO ON M5S 2C6

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 16 214548 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Oct 27, 2016

Project: Museum Multiple Projects

Description: Proposal to construct vestibule & canopy at Bloor St Entrance, extension of terrace at northwest corner, and landscaping/new benches along Bloor St and Queen's Park. ROM.

Ramako

Member Bio
Reaction score
Guess they went with the lie instead of "no comment" or "please wait for our announcement" with @Ramako :

AoD

Just to clarify before we throw out allegations of lying, from what I recall the person I spoke to said it's "probably" for that reason, so it's very likely it was just a front line customer service person that didn't really know. It's my error for not making that clear earlier.