Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

My company had a call with the Jays premium ticket sales last week as we purchased a private box last season. The purpose of the discussion was to gauge interest for the new 100 level premium suites that will open for the 2024 season. Key highlights from the discussion:

- $150 million of the $300 million renovation budget is allocated towards rebuilding and revamping the 100 level lower bowl, including premium suites beneath the stands
- All private boxes will be renovated prior to 2024 as well
- Underground suites will feature elevated food and beverage, private bars, and private washrooms
- New premium suites will be located directly behind home plate (replaces In the Action seating), Blue Jays dugout and visitors dugout, taking up the first 5 rows or so
- The most expensive premium suite will be directly behind home plate
- Blue Jays are asking (hold onto your hats!) $70k - $75k per seat per season for the premium seating directly behind home plate
- Less expensive premium seating will run about $14k - $30k per seat per season, which is still quite expensive

To reserve a spot in the waitlist, the Jays asked for a $1,000 deposit upfront. My company will pass on the opportunity but may consider cheaper, non-premium season seats closer to 2024.

Underground suites - I wonder if they'll try to do something similar to Globe Life Field in Arlington behind home plate (since we saw some underground suites in the renderings by the right field foul pole)
5f1bcde2e4cbb.image.jpg

Can't say I'm a big fan of this setup.

My company had a call with the Jays premium ticket sales last week as we purchased a private box last season. The purpose of the discussion was to gauge interest for the new 100 level premium suites that will open for the 2024 season. Key highlights from the discussion:

- $150 million of the $300 million renovation budget is allocated towards rebuilding and revamping the 100 level lower bowl, including premium suites beneath the stands
- Underground suites will feature elevated food and beverage, private bars, and private washrooms
- New premium suites will be located directly behind home plate (replaces In the Action seating), Blue Jays dugout and visitors dugout, taking up the first 5 rows or so
- Blue Jays are asking (hold onto your hats!) $70k - $75k per seat per season for the premium seating directly behind home plate
- Less expensive premium seating will run about $14k - $30k per seat per season, which is still quite expensive

To reserve a spot in the waitlist, the Jays asked for a $1,000 deposit upfront. My company will pass on the opportunity but may consider cheaper, non-premium season seats closer to 2024.

They’re taking away home-plate-lady’s seat!

Mark Shapiro is starting to remind me of Harold Ballard...

Underground suites - I wonder if they'll try to do something similar to Globe Life Field in Arlington behind home plate (since we saw some underground suites in the renderings by the right field foul pole)
View attachment 454445
Can't say I'm a big fan of this setup.
Not sure the new setup will be exactly like the Rangers' ballpark but details will be released publicly in 2 - 3 weeks according to the rep. The follow up email we received mentioned it as a possible example of what can be expected, so it may be similar.
Capture.PNG

Some additional details I forgot to mention are In the Action ST holders will get first dibs at the new premium clubs, followed by TD Comfort ST holders in the 200 level. The existing ST holders have the option to buy into the new clubs, or get moved elsewhere in the 100 level. Once the existing ST holders are re-seated, they will move onto new purchasers.

To reserve a spot in the waitlist, the Jays asked for a $1,000 deposit upfront. My company will pass on the opportunity but may consider cheaper, non-premium season seats closer to 2024

Back when many people were saying "why would they build a new stadium? The current one is fine" - there's a big part of your answer. The ability to create new premium spaces and charge an absolutely insane amount for it.

Back when many people were saying "why would they build a new stadium? The current one is fine" - there's a big part of your answer. The ability to create new premium spaces and charge an absolutely insane amount for it.

More to the point, anyone who thinks a NEW ballpark would have any less of this is really out to lunch. When they do renovations and build new stadiums, yes, there is a trickle-down across the stadium as facilities are improved but the reason for it is to improve the revenue, and doing that mostly through improved premium options.

Anyway, I'm also not a fan of the behind-the-plate box thing. Shapiro's old stomping grounds, Cleveland, has something similar (though not directly behind the plate, oddly): I'm sure it's cool to sit there but it looks awful on TV, IMHO.
Compare that to Dodgers Stadium where they actually got rid of part of the backstop wall, so the people in the front row are RIGHT in the front row (and not, say, hiding and milling about in shadowy bunkers). I know it's about the money but you still want it to look good on TV, don't you?
1675710445937.png

1675710618898.png

I only follow baseball casually, so I haven't really noticed those sunken boxes before, but is there a benefit to that viewpoint? Seems like it would feel very strange and give you a worse view of what's going on. Curious as to the point or benefit.

I only follow baseball casually, so I haven't really noticed those sunken boxes before, but is there a benefit to that viewpoint? Seems like it would feel very strange and give you a worse view of what's going on. Curious as to the point or benefit.

I would be more worried about being hit in the face with flying balls.

More to the point, anyone who thinks a NEW ballpark would have any less of this is really out to lunch. When they do renovations and build new stadiums, yes, there is a trickle-down across the stadium as facilities are improved but the reason for it is to improve the revenue, and doing that mostly through improved premium options.

Anyway, I'm also not a fan of the behind-the-plate box thing. Shapiro's old stomping grounds, Cleveland, has something similar (though not directly behind the plate, oddly): I'm sure it's cool to sit there but it looks awful on TV, IMHO.
Compare that to Dodgers Stadium where they actually got rid of part of the backstop wall, so the people in the front row are RIGHT in the front row (and not, say, hiding and milling about in shadowy bunkers). I know it's about the money but you still want it to look good on TV, don't you?
View attachment 454466
View attachment 454468

The Dogers set up is way better.

Back