Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

My point was that equating the late 1980s to ancient history is just plain funny. Like, are we saying every 33 year old person is "ancient" too? It's just a silly choice of word here. But yes, obviously the stadium needs to feel less like a bunker.

I agree with you, but I also understand. At the end of the day it's part of the product and there is a certain need to update the experience to maintain/increase revenue and profits.

That said, I think this facility has many decades of life in it yet - especially with updates like this.

Actual foul poles and not nets would be a nice addition. It's the little things sometimes. Maybe I'm convincing myself that the renderings are gospel truth (knowing they are not), but I think they show poles.

If Rogers doesn’t own the Hotel at the stadium how much would it cost them to get rid of it, then u can actually make real significant changes to the toilet centre

that probably sounded funnier in your head
Guilty as charged. I just don’t understand this need to change blue seats in a stadium for the BLUE jays because it’s too corporate. And if we fill these seats no one knows what colour they are anyways so again I’m confused why this would be a big deal for someone. Yet it’s been suggested a couple times over the last couple days here.

Incidentally, when Mark Shapiro was talking with Buck and Dan, he confirmed the team was in fact seriously considering changing the color of the seats. Ultimately, they decided to stick with blue, although Shapiro did suggest if the team built a new stadium, this wouldn't be the case.

Incidentally, when Mark Shapiro was talking with Buck and Dan, he confirmed the team was in fact seriously considering changing the color of the seats. Ultimately, they decided to stick with blue, although Shapiro did suggest if the team built a new stadium, this wouldn't be the case.
How about blue, white and red.

Guilty as charged. I just don’t understand this need to change blue seats in a stadium for the BLUE jays because it’s too corporate. And if we fill these seats no one knows what colour they are anyways so again I’m confused why this would be a big deal for someone. Yet it’s been suggested a couple times over the last couple days here.

I don't quite get it either. It doesn't look corporate at all to me. They've actually made great use of the Blue Jay colours from their brand, uniforms, etc.

I can't help but think these changes should buy a lot more than 10-15 years.
Absolutely, especially after the Rogers outage and them losing hundreds of millions of dollars this full demo is set back at least 20 years around 2040 at the earliest.

What's with the notch cut into the 200 level seating around the LF foul pole???
it appears to be opening up that area and creating a new patio / potential bar area on the 100L underneath it plus opening up the bullpen views for those in the 200L seats. They have some seat view renderings on the renovation website and it shows seats in those 200L area will have a much better view of the bullpen / outfield areas. It'll also allow for real foul poles vs the net that is there now.

As someone with seats in 238L, it looks like it will open up the outfield a bit as currently we can't see action on field if there is a play near the wall. We also can't see into the bullpen from our seats either in that section. This appears to solve both.

it appears to be opening up that area and creating a new patio / potential bar area on the 100L underneath it plus opening up the bullpen views for those in the 200L seats. They have some seat view renderings on the renovation website and it shows seats in those 200L area will have a much better view of the bullpen / outfield areas. It'll also allow for real foul poles vs the net that is there now.

As someone with seats in 238L, it looks like it will open up the outfield a bit as currently we can't see action on field if there is a play near the wall. We also can't see into the bullpen from our seats either in that section. This appears to solve both.

It's hard to tell - it's definitely opening the area underneath but looking at the seating chart, that may be the accessible seating area (which is currently at the top of the concourse, entirely under the overhang. That area under the 200-level cutout appears to be where the Sportsnet desk is now? Hard to tell for sure - but I like the asymmetry and the way they're poking some holes in the structure.

I'm quite underwhelmed. In particular, I'm not a fan of all the blue colour in the outfield seating decks. It makes the facility look even more institutional.
are you referring to the seats? the facade? the walls? right now those 500 level seating decks have blue walls that say Toronto Blue Jays but give it time and those walls will be painted brand colours and say things like "Jack Daniels Terrace" and "DHL Fast Lounge" etc.

i really like the new professional batters eye. it's leaps and bounds better than the black tarped off seats. Also, i can't tell from the renderings but i think we're getting real foul poles and not just nets. it seems there's a thicker yellow strip on the outside edges which makes me think it's a real pole.

Back