Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

100 level infield seating not yet finalized, but we can now see the new angular seating now facing the actual diamond and not center of the playing field, one can assume those sections will have new seats and presumably, the rest of the infield just may. Curious to see a better integration of the first few rows behind home plate.

100 level infield seating not yet finalized, but we can now see the new angular seating now facing the actual diamond and not center of the playing field, one can assume those sections will have new seats and presumably, the rest of the infield just may. Curious to see a better integration of the first few rows behind home plate.

They also said they're going to have a lot less foul territory so I would assume there are a few new rows - especially between the dugouts and home plate and different grading, in general.

The Toronto Star's article mentioned that the actual dimensions, height of the outfield walls etc. are still conceptual so it seems fair to say it will still be many months before see 100-level plans.

I love the description of a building that opened in 1989 as "ancient", as if it's the Great Pyramid in Egypt.
any stadium with a roof and fake grass is not only ancient but it's barbaric.... you do realize that there are players who will choose to play in Cleveland for the electric atmosphere over this barren concrete jungle.

any stadium with a roof and fake grass is not only ancient but it's barbaric.... you do realize that there are players who will choose to play in Cleveland for the electric atmosphere over this barren concrete jungle.
My point was that equating the late 1980s to ancient history is just plain funny. Like, are we saying every 33 year old person is "ancient" too? It's just a silly choice of word here. But yes, obviously the stadium needs to feel less like a bunker.

Yeah, the Jays have had a lot of trouble signing or extending big free agents the last couple of years /s. (Ryu, Springer, Berrios, Gausman).

I'm quite underwhelmed. In particular, I'm not a fan of all the blue colour in the outfield seating decks. It makes the facility look even more institutional.

From the Jays website. Obviously just for next season as the 100L infield is the same. Of note, the outfield wall looks slightly different in left field vs. right field. Eventually, we'll get dimensions, but the left field power alley specifically looks pretty short. Raised walls will attempt to counteract that, but Vladdy could hit 75 bombs easily next year!
seating-map.77a5b977.jpg

I'm quite underwhelmed. In particular, I'm not a fan of all the blue colour in the outfield seating decks. It makes the facility look even more institutional.
I agree. I think Rogers could make a real political statement. They could have all the upper bowl seating black to support BLM. Then level 200 could be all orange to support Every Child Matters and then the lower level rainbow to support Pride. Now that would be overwhelming and show the charity of the company versus their corporate greed of saving billions by not building a proper world class facility.

I agree. I think Rogers could make a real political statement. They could have all the upper bowl seating black to support BLM. Then level 200 could be all orange to support Every Child Matters and then the lower level rainbow to support Pride. Now that would be overwhelming and show the charity of the company versus their corporate greed of saving billions by not building a proper world class facility.

that probably sounded funnier in your head

Back