News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Toronto Rocket Subway Cars

andomano

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thought we could use a thread strictly for photos. Enjoy. Share yours too.

newsubway009.jpg

pic023.jpg

newsubway023.jpg

pic022.jpg

The TR is the new Toronto Rocket subway trains. The TTC ordered 234 of them to replace the currently running H4, H5 and H6 subway trains.

The photos are from Thunder Bay, ON where these trains are being built. They were supposed to enter service late 2009 or early 2010 but the door manufacturer went bankrupt, so they are delayed and are probably gonna get here in a few more months.

Recently, they were spotted in Kingston, ON where they are apparently going through tests.

AWE!! I miss To soo much. Thanks for having me in the forum. Thanks for sharing the pics.

~ Sam

I have not been on a montreal subway since expo......I believe they were blue with rubber tires...any pix of those?

I have not been on a montreal subway since expo......I believe they were blue with rubber tires...any pix of those?

I haven't got pictures but they're actually still running the original subway cars in Montreal. The fact that they're completely underground seems to have kept maintenance costs down and allowed them to run well beyond their expected lifespan. That said, the new Azur cars are replacing the old ones so anyone who wants a nostalgia trip in Montreal should probably go sooner rather than later lol

Back