Toronto Riverside Square | 64.6m | 20s | Streetcar | RAW Design

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
77 EAST DON ROADWAY
Ward 30 - Tor & E.York District

To allow for a Zoning By-law Amendment to construct three 24 storey mixed use buildings containing 555 residential units, and non-residential uses. A total of 178 parking spaces for residential use will be provided below grade along with 35 residential parking sapces and 61 parking spaces for retail use. The existing building on site will be retained

Tall for the neighbourhood, especially with 3 towers of the same height... The mixed use infill is a positive along with the minimal number of parking spots.

677 Queen St E + 77 East Don Roadway (?, multiple bldgs to 24s, ?)

Looks like the Toyota Dealership is leaving

677 QUEEN ST E
Ward 30 - Tor & E.York District

To allow for a Zoning By-law Amendment to construct a new 13 storey mixed use building containing 339 dwelling units, and retail uses on the ground floor. A total of 323 resdiential parking spaces will be provided below grade and 115 parking spaces for retail uses will be provided below grade,

That site has a wide frontage. Hopefully, it won't be a monotonous facade. I'd love to see a building with a podium facade broken up into at least 5 different components with different cladding--preferably brick and stone--in reference to the narrow frontages of Queen's Victorian vernacular.

Not surprise to see this as I expected it was on borrow time base on the changes taking place around it. More surprise it only 1 tower since that a lager and deep lot compare to 90/100 Broadview that was smaller than this site with 2 towers.

Queen's Victorian vernacular will never happen, but brick maybe. Wonder if this another Streetcar project since they like small mid rise buildings with 2 to the west they just built??

Last edited:
Wonder if this another Streetcar project since they like small mid rise buildings with 2 to the west they just built??

I think you would be correct in that assumption

I presume Toyota or a large grocer is part of the development given the number of retail parking

If it is Streetcar, I do hope they get this right. It's a huge plot of land and could really affect Riverside positively/negatively going forward. Their track record is mostly decent, but rarely stellar I find. The Carlaw and The Carnaby may be signs of that changing for the better though.

They need to buy the building next to it on both side to make this a huge site to house no less than 4 towers. Even without those buildings, you can fit 4 towers in there easy.

I wouldn't be surprise to see a new n-s road to line up with one of the 2 on the north side.

Need a large grocery store here.

It should be Streetcar. There's a building permit for the vacant retail space at 630 Queen St E (Sync) for a condo sales centre for a new development "located across the street".

Back