Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

Oh, you don't know. Was just asking! :)

You ok bud? You seem a little pissy these days.

He's gotta be the "tough cop" moderator these days. Otherwise all hell would be breaking loose on this architecture forum, don't ya know.

Registration has startted:

4a8af6c1889fe.jpg

River City Registration Starts Now

www.rivercitytoronto.com
River City, the first private sector development in Waterfront Toronto’s West Don Lands community, is now accepting registrations for its first phase. A LEED Gold development, River City will include 850 residential units of condominiums, lofts and townhouses priced from $179,900, as well as boutiques, stores and restaurants, surrounded by the seven hectares (17-acres) Don River Park.

Developed by Urban Capital and designed by Saucier + Perrotte Architects, one of Canada’s most respected and award-winning design firms, River City will be a collection of bold forms and innovative spaces. To register or for more information, visit www.rivercitytoronto.com. The sales office for River City is expected to open this fall, while construction of the development is scheduled to begin in 2010 and first phase of occupancy is slated for 2011.

The West Don Lands will be a sustainable community where design excellence, sustainability and technology come together. Designed to be a lively and vibrant neighbourhood, it will offer a mix of housing for people at all stages of life and income levels. It will feature nine hectares (23-acres) of parks and public spaces, 6,000 new residential units of which 1,200 will be affordable housing, transit connections within five minutes of each home, and 750,000 square feet of employment, commercial and community space. The revitalization of West Don Lands will proceed over the next 10-12 years in three phases.

check out the cool FLASH video on their website ... very nice model renderings shown too ~

http://www.rivercitytoronto.com/flash.php

"Phase One Releasing Fall 2009" :)

Judging from the renderings ... looks like the first phase is located along the northeastern portion of West Don Lands towards the Don River ~

RiverCity_1.jpg
RiverCity_2.jpg

RiverCity_3.jpg

RiverCity_4.jpg

RiverCity_5.jpg

I think this is the S&P thing that Bruce Kuwabara was making happy little grunty noises about at the Design Review public forum at the Arts and Letters Club a while back.

We could get some exceptional design in this area (both architectually and streetscape/landscape). This is very exciting and I would love to be a pioneer and buy in this area. And the more midrises, and the less point towers on 2 story bases, the better.

According to this WDL Backgrounder, phase 1 is the River Square Neighbourhood "generally bounded by King Street to the north, the future Don River Park and re-aligned Bayview Avenue to the east, the future River Square to the south and St. Lawrence Street to the west". Basically, the neighbourhood straddles Eastern/Richmond/Adelaide.

Page 2 (pg 5 in the pdf) of the WDL Precinct Plan shows the different neighbourhoods.

We could get some exceptional design in this area (both architectually and streetscape/landscape). This is very exciting and I would love to be a pioneer and buy in this area. And the more midrises, and the less point towers on 2 story bases, the better.

I agree 111%. I've been looking forward to seeing the WDL neighbourhood become a reality. The Precinct and Block plans are very well done and leaves a sense of hope and excitement for this area of the City. I registered as soon as I read jks' post.

As a safe haven for the godfearin' fear-of-heights crowd, the unfortunately named River City is practically cheek-by-jowl with the Distillery District, its handsome, pioneering point towers on two storey bases, and its bright lights.

Hunker down! Lock up the kids! Keep the blinds shut!

Mothers of River City!
Heed the warning before it's too late!
Watch for the tell-tale sign of corruption!
The moment your son leaves the house,
Does he rebuckle his knickerbockers below the knee?
Is there a nicotine stain on his index finger?
A dime novel hidden in the corn crib?
Is he starting to memorize jokes from Capt.
Billy's Whiz Bang?
Are certain words creeping into his conversation?
Words like 'swell?"
And 'so's your old man?"
Well, if so my friends,
Ya got trouble,
Right here in River city!
With a capital "T"
And that rhymes with "P"
And that stands for Pool.

I said about a year ago: Ice Condos is Toronto's "project of the decade." Still true.

River City with S+P on board: "Toronto's project of the next decade."

Well, I wouldn't jump the gun so fast. There's still East bayfront we're still waiting renders for.

Back