Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

I walked behind River City 1 today (on the path the runs along the berm.) At the back of the building there is a fence/grille practically covered in real estate agent key lock-boxes. It would seem that a huge number of Units here are for sale.

I walked behind River City 1 today (on the path the runs along the berm.) At the back of the building there is a fence/grille practically covered in real estate agent key lock-boxes. It would seem that a huge number of Units here are for sale.

Or for rent.

Does anyone know whats going on with the retail space in RC1? Seems odd that there is still no tenant there after 2 years. A restaurant would do wonders to liven up the intersection of King and River.

Does anyone know whats going on with the retail space in RC1? Seems odd that there is still no tenant there after 2 years. A restaurant would do wonders to liven up the intersection of King and River.
No doubt the developer would like to rent this area out too but setting up a new restaurant is NOT cheap (ventilation, fire systems etc) and there are actually quite a few local restaurants so anything opening there will need to attract people from outside the immediate neighbourhood.

A Scottish pub was to open, but pulled-out. Then Calii Love was to open an outpost, but also pulled-out. The latest I've heard is that a "restaurant group" is interested.

I think Riverside Square across the bridge is to have a grocery store, but nothing has been announced.

Here's the retail unit of discussion:

20200112_094020.jpg
20200112_093940.jpg

The prolific corner retail unit at the base of RC1 has finally been sold, according to recent signage. Anyone have intel of who the purchaser was / what is going to go in there?

Passed by earlier today and noticed the Gears store for the first time. Wasn't in position to get a photo but it's basically what Google street view shows:

rc.JPG

Back