Toronto River City Condos Phase 3 | 99.66m | 29s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

More of a liability if it was a large or deep pool.
It would also require more structural -- I wouldn't want to live in a unit below a large swimming pool.

We are slowly learning about condos downtown and were really surprised to hear that after years and years of pent-up demand waiting for Phase 3 to be launched, and after months of sales and marketing, that they've only sold 40%! This seems like Monde where the die hards have already purchased but it will take forever to sell the number of units required to get financing.

There have been very successful launches downtown this year, almost selling out within a few months or less. This isn't one of them. Is it the really high prices and cheap finishes?

We are slowly learning about condos downtown and were really surprised to hear that after years and years of pent-up demand waiting for Phase 3 to be launched, and after months of sales and marketing, that they've only sold 40%! This seems like Monde where the die hards have already purchased but it will take forever to sell the number of units required to get financing.

There have been very successful launches downtown this year, almost selling out within a few months or less. This isn't one of them. Is it the really high prices and cheap finishes?

Prices and bad floor plans. This one was extremely over priced for me to even bother my clients with.

40% in however long is MUCH better than Monde, which took over a year (if not 2) to even reach 40%.

Phase 3 has better finishes but worse floorplans. What was nice about phase 1 and 2 were the large units. Phase 3 was a disappointment. Pricing is high too. For that price point I'd expect more.

210 Eastern Ave. (28s mixed use)

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1J1

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 256786 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Nov 26, 2014

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 28 storey mixed-use condominium containing 332 residential units (5 stacked townhouses adajacent to the tower), with retail on the ground floor and 6 levels of above grade parking

Ahh, yes. This is what's locally been known as "the Eastern Stump." I guess it's to be expected. I remember it fondly as a place for low-rent film and television production and ancillary support services. All housed in ancient, low-rise buildings... carp shops and special effects houses and the like. The proximity to all the bustling action at the Distillery, Corktown and River City makes it a great location for this kind of thing. As ever, the devil is in the details; I look forward to seeing renderings.

Is this phase 4 of River City? Another Saucier+Perrotte building?

No, i think its River City-3............http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...e-3-(UrbanCapital-28s-Saucier-Perrotte)/page5

The Civic address (clearly needing revision) for this site is 210 Eastern Avenue.

210 EASTERN AVE
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

To obtain site plan approval for the construction of a 29 storey mixed use condo building containing 333 residential dwelling units, 172 below grade parking spaces of which 153 parking spaces are for residential use, and 19 parking spaces are for visitor use.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys 29 # of Units 333

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status

Site Plan Approval 14 195688 STE 28 SA Jul 23, 2014 Under Review

Contact Information Meeting Dates
Sipo Maphangoh
Planner
416-338-5747
smaphan@toronto.ca No meetings currently scheduled.

We received a flyer on RC3 today. After looking it over for a few minutes, my young daughter said it looks like a giant toilet, with the pool in the step and the tower behind.

rc3-footer1.jpg

tb356.jpg

Man, is that toilet ugly. Not my cuppa at all. But I think RC3 will rock. It reminds me more of an exploded cubist boot than a stodgy toilet.

Back