Toronto River City Condos Phase 3 | 99.66m | 29s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

We need more architects from outside the city who won't be pushing the same old boring repetitive designs we see from the firms here.

It's sophisticated and unique but hardly beautiful--like many Brutalist buildings.

Beauty in architecture is usually quite boring (and overrated). You need those rough, tactile qualities and "brutal" moves in equal measure, IMO.

This version is bolder but not very elegant and I doubt if it will proceed in this state. It reminds me of a pomegranate split in half with it's insides and seed casings spilling out. The previous version was more elegant and I'm sure the final revision will be somewhere in between.

This version is bolder but not very elegant and I doubt if it will proceed in this state. It reminds me of a pomegranate split in half with it's insides and seed casings spilling out. The previous version was more elegant and I'm sure the final revision will be somewhere in between.

You sir, have one of the best user names I have ever seen around these parts.

Are there any other renderings of this project!?
This is hands down one of my favourite condo designs in Toronto!!!

I just wish it was closer to my house so I could enjoy it more...

There's nothing on the website for phase 3 other than a registration page.
The music is like my childhood days of playing on a synthesizer making wierd sounds.

I am looking forward to seeing the floorplans for this building.

I really do think this is one of the VERY few project in Toronto where the developer can honestly use "Extreme Architecture" as their slogan.

I can't wait to see this building go up!

Back