Toronto Riva del Lago | 54.86m | 16s | Mattamy Homes | Graziani + Corazza

Quite a handsome little building.

I'm curious..............with all these new buildings in the area and more to come, the population is soaring so how do all these people get to work? King Streetcar is packed and the nearest GO is Miminco which is still at least a km away and in the wrong direction.

Quite a handsome little building.

It is an excellent infill for the area.

I'm curious..............with all these new buildings in the area and more to come, the population is soaring so how do all these people get to work? King Streetcar is packed and the nearest GO is Miminco which is still at least a km away and in the wrong direction.
Very slowly is the answer?

I think a lot of them bike along the waterfront these days, I can see why as the trail is excellent now. But that obviously is not for everybody.

Like this

ssiguy's post got me thinking.

People haven't even moved in to many of the new buildings yet. All those picture updates of buildings on here are still mostly sitting empty. And we have projects like Eau de Soleil rising.

The next year will be interesting to say the least, as people begin moving in to all these buildings.

ssiguy's post got me thinking.

People haven't even moved in to many of the new buildings yet. All those picture updates of buildings on here are still mostly sitting empty. And we have projects like Eau de Soleil rising.

The next year will be interesting to say the least, as people begin moving in to all these buildings.
The buildings are not mostly empty, most are lived-in, but there are lots of people coming as a pile of new units will open next year with more in the future. I've been saying for ages now that people just don't understand how big Humber Bay Shores is going to be. Nothing going up now has not already been on the books for years…

Meanwhile you have the brain trust that is the Metrolinx planning department NOT advancing the Park Lawn GO station into the 10 year plan. I joked when that came out this summer "Good, that means it can go into the 5 year plan." Well, there isn't a 5 year plan of course, the obvious point being that something is very, very wrong at Metrolinx. Does their omission of a station here show them to be incompetent? Well, I don't agree with everything else that Metrolinx does (the huge garages at suburban GO stations being rather problematic, compounded by a lack of multi-use planning for the stations, many of which should become the centre of their respective neighbourhoods), so while they may not be as progressive as they could be with advancing a brighter, smaller-carbon-footprint future for the GTHA, I don't see flagrant incompetence in most of what they do…

…which makes me wonder, if Park Lawn GO's omission is not as a result of incompetence (it's pretty easy to see that there's a huge population coming to this area, they cannot have missed that), then what is it the result of? Is there some kind of willful malevolence in play here, something political at the Metrolinx office that's preventing them from doing to obvious, correct thing here? Are they trying to punish people here? Sounds rather crazy to ask that, but they have never provided a convincing answer as to why the station was not advanced. If Metrolinx could be truthful about this, is would be helpful.

/rant. Trying my best to be patient for a transportation solution for Humber Bay as each new crane rises into the area skyline.

Additionally, the city councillor in this ward was dragging his feet on this issue for the longest time until he finally woke up one day and realized it was a problem. By that time, it was too late since shovels were already in the ground for the majority of these projects.

Humber Bay Shores is essentially Toronto's own Milton when it comes to illustrating the problems with Ontario's growth plan, infrastructure needs, and transportation funding/planning.

January 7th, 2017.

20170107_170901866_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20170107_170901866_iOS.jpg
    20170107_170901866_iOS.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 587
Shots from yesterday. First, looking east across Annie Craig Drive towards the main entrance.

DSC08565.jpg

Below, looking north from Marine Parade Drive.

DSC08527.jpg

Below, the gap between Riva and Ocean Club will be landscaped. I think this will end up as a POPS.

DSC08526.jpg

Attachments

• DSC08526.jpg
    DSC08526.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 598
  • DSC08527.jpg
    DSC08527.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC08565.jpg
    DSC08565.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 584
I am sure there are numerous reasons as to why I should not like this. But I like it, the balconies are cool, the contrast in tone is great, and that wood finish looks good.

Not sure if this space across from the park that overlooks the skyline is supposed to be a restaurant some day…

DSC02114.jpg

but the spandrel just screams "not a very good one":

Attachments

• DSC02114.jpg
    DSC02114.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 549
From yesterday. While Scaddabush is going in immediately west of this at Ocean Club, and the two retail spaces in Cove immediately east of this are currently being kitted out for 'Dog Park Bistro' and an Italian restaurant called La Vecchia, the retail space here is still not leased out.

Riva1.jpg
Riva2.jpg

From yesterday. While Scaddabush is going in immediately west of this at Ocean Club, and the two retail spaces in Cove immediately east of this are currently being kitted out for 'Dog Park Bistro' and an Italian restaurant called La Vecchia, the retail space here is still not leased out.

View attachment 180247View attachment 180248

La Vecchia has a Midtown location if it's the same people. Pretty good!

Back