Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

I like the idea of making it a more grand plaza in front of the CN Tower... as mentioned the grassy knoll is mostly empty most of the time anyway.

This could be good... *fingers crossed* :)

From the CN Tower, of course.

Attachments

• DSCN2149.jpg
    DSCN2149.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 472
I agree that the area is incredibly sterile and could use anything that would give it a little life. I'd also like to see the whole thing rethought so you don't have to wind around flights of hidden stairs to get from the John Street bridge to Bremner. There's a large green area around the tower, but most of it's completely useless. I'd like to see it re-thought and maybe re-graded if it's going to stay a park.

Last edited:
I totally agree. The area feels very dead, despite this very popular world attraction sitting there. I'd like to see some life brought to the area.

There something about a lawn at the foot of a tall landmark that just fits.

0620towerbig.jpg
200441246-001.jpg

481129556LVbMZp_ph.jpg

I'd love to see this incorporated into the East side of the property, perhaps as a set of green ripples (hills) propagating from the tower. This would be reminiscent of HTO Park and the wave decks that are becoming the "brand" for our waterfront.

Last edited:
There something about a lawn at the foot of a tall landmark that just fits.

0620towerbig.jpg
200441246-001.jpg

481129556LVbMZp_ph.jpg

I'd love to see this incorporated into the East side of the property, perhaps as a set of green ripples (hills) propagating from the tower. This would be reminiscent of HTO Park and the wave decks that are becoming the "brand" for our waterfront.

I don't know if many people would use it. There's a huge park around roundhouse and I seldom see people hanging out over there. Most people either hang out at the brewery or walking around at the sky dome, CN tower area.

Not quite the Eiffel Tower or Paris for that matter, but...hey people want to lay in the grass, than why not at the bottom of the CN tower looking up?

p5

I don't know if many people would use it. There's a huge park around roundhouse and I seldom see people hanging out over there. Most people either hang out at the brewery or walking around at the sky dome, CN tower area.

Roundhouse Park has never been quite the hospitable park, nor has the area around it.

Things are changing on Bremner, the Roundhouse and the Park are getting spruced up. All you need is a well designed park (i.e. HTO) and people will want to hang around.

Roundhouse Park has never been quite the hospitable park, nor has the area around it.

Things are changing on Bremner, the Roundhouse and the Park are getting spruced up. All you need is a well designed park (i.e. HTO) and people will want to hang around.

I dont know.:confused:.....Here in Toronto we are so lucky to have two of the most iconic structures (CN Tower, Toronto City Hall) shown in pics all over the world, meanwhile this city has done nothing to improve the surroundings in years, Shame cause if these same buildings surroundings were in any other world city, they most likley would be the focal point for residents and tourism.

Last edited:
I would think that the most frequent users of the plaza (aside from tourists) would be sports fans doing some Toronto-style sidewalk tailgating before going into Skydome. I'd like to see SkyDome (or Rogers, which owns the stadium) get involved in this development. The stairs leading from the John Street bridge down to the current plaza is very boring. I would like to see that replaced by something more inviting to both locals and tourists.

I would think that the most frequent users of the plaza (aside from tourists) would be sports fans doing some Toronto-style sidewalk tailgating before going into Skydome. I'd like to see SkyDome (or Rogers, which owns the stadium) get involved in this development. The stairs leading from the John Street bridge down to the current plaza is very boring. I would like to see that replaced by something more inviting to both locals and tourists.

They could integrate the stairs with the salmon pond water feature into a water fall of sorts with the steps on either side of the water. Somewhat similar to what's done on the West side.

xpo-danish-pavilion-by-big-squxpo_outside.jpg

I just came across this by luck and found that T.O was used in the back of the rendering (DanishcEXPO pavilion by BIG.. wouldnt be pretty awesome to have this as the new base reno?

http://www.dezeen.com/2008/09/

xpo-danish-pavilion-by-big-xpo_inside.jpg

xpo-danish-pavilion-by-big-xpo_outside.jpg

Last edited:

Back