Toronto Richview Square | 103.75m | 31s | Trinity Group | B+H

Why? This is hardly offensive and it's in the far north-west of the city. What kind of sculpture are you expecting here?

Why? This is hardly offensive and it's in the far north-west of the city. What kind of sculpture are you expecting here?

"Oh boy, that's not good. The street defining buildings have been lost to some middling park. Without a hard urban edge, the sense of enclosure that excellent public realms need is gone and we're back to slightly-revised, tower in the park BS. And look how well that's turned out..."
- You

Site planning = pushed in certain directions by City Planning from the first iteration what we see today. Architectural expression and detailing = DRP's primary purview and what will form the basis of their critique. My issues were with the former, not the latter. That said, I am curious what @Towered's comment referred to, which is why I asked the question.

UT article and new renderings of Richview Square's revised design at the DRP:

40158-133126.jpg

40158-133127.png

40158-133129.jpg

40158-133131.jpg

40158-133132.jpg

40158-133130.jpg

40158-133134.jpg

Everything about this development is just ridiculous; whether that be the low-rise plaza they're retaining, the sad attempt of a park and plaza fronting Eglinton, the car parking behind that plaza, etc, etc...

This stretch of Eglinton (west of Royal York) is a write off. It's going to remain as an unfriendly pedestrian corridor and one that drivers will love for decades to come.

Resubmitted again:
.The primary built form design changes incorporated in the latest revisions include:
• the conversion of Level 2 in Building B’s from commercial to residential uses;
• a reduced height of 13-storeys (45.5 metres) for Building A from the previously proposed 15-storeys (51.3 metres);
• a slightly reduced measured height of 44.5 metres for Building B from the previously proposed 48.3 metres (consistent at 13-storeys);
• the introduction of 465 square metres of community space within the ground floor of Building B, fronting onto the proposed park and internal private road;
and
• minor changes to floorplates and building articulation of the proposed
building, as well as a minor increase to the additional floor area proposed in
the east side extension of Building D.
richview.JPG

Back