Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: 120 & 130 Adelaide West Recladding | 136.85m | 35s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

Will they spend the money to give these buildings a nice re-cladding, or is the Simpson tower 2.0?

They certainly look to be high quality materials- pretty well the same glazing used on EY, but 120 utilizes some silvery spandrel courses, which also look quite good. One can really get a sense, though, of how monotonous this block might look when the re-clad is complete.

Last edited:
I don't like this.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.jpg

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,182
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,370
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,329
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,586
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,119
Not to stir the pot… BUT… with both of those towers covered in silver reflective glass, you can imagine, especially evident in @salsa's first photo, how much brighter that rather dark spot in Toronto's Downtown will be if this goes through.

That said, man, even removing the detail in corner posts? Really? If we're stuck with the silver windows, at least leave the black frame with silver detail.

Well I guess the only good thing is that the silver aluminum at 120 Adelaide is staying and that there's at least a white panel strip to avoid that building from feeling overly glassy?

Well I guess the only good thing is that the silver aluminum at 120 Adelaide is staying and that there's at least a white panel strip to avoid that building from feeling overly glassy?
I'm still debating that one. There's not enough of it there to tell if it's a relief, or if it's unnecessary fussiness. Why not make that black, if it's not going to be silver? (Overall grumble.)

My biggest fear. They are only replacing the exterior panels of the curtain wall so what was black steel is now spandrel glass.

That white panel strip looks strange. Does anyone know of another building that employs this method/look? I'm trying to imagine what it would look like finished.

Why not make that black, if it's not going to be silver?

My thoughts exactly ! They brought the Dominion Banks back to life with a coat of glossy black paint. So why don't they keep the panels and add new golden glazed thermal windows. Like in the new Nobu residence development. Black and gold is a rich combination of colours. As you can see what that did for that development. Can someone tell me why developers like to reclad old buildings in the blue green look?[/quote]

Back