Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: 120 & 130 Adelaide West Recladding | 136.85m | 35s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

So are naming rights going to be auctioned off for the tops of these buildings?

Could not find this one on the map or database.
I've got renderings from Oxford for this now, so there's now a database file—and a point on the map.

I wonder how many more birds are going smack into these buildings.
The recladding meets Toronto's requirements for patterns on the glass for the first 12 metres, which the birds can see.

Why only 12 metres?
Birds are freaked out by heights I suppose.

More technically, it's 12 metres, or if there's adjacent tree canopy higher than that, then that height. Apparently 98% of bird flight is within that zone, and birds flying above that range are just looking to find themselves in the annual Darwing Awards list.

Birds are freaked out by heights I suppose.

More technically, it's 12 metres, or if there's adjacent tree canopy higher than that, then that height. Apparently 98% of bird flight is within that zone, and birds flying above that range are just looking to find themselves in the annual Darwing Awards list.

Ba-dum-tss

The reclad doesn't quite seem to work with 130 Adelaide, as it feels like the building loses its definition and becomes a giant blob of glass- the EY Tower further fuddles up the silhouette and prevents a clear reading, IMO.

Back