Toronto Revel Condos | 39.7m | 12s | Eden Oak | SRN Architects Inc.

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
3418 LAKE SHORE BLVD W
Ward 06 - Etob. York District

►View All Properties

Proposed 5-storey, 32 unit residential apartment building located at 3418 Lake Shore Blvd. West with an associated parking and loading area on lands known as 0 Skeens Lane.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys 5 # of Units 32

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 16 117628 WET 06 SA Feb 17, 2016 Under Review

Project website: http://www.edenoak.com/revel_registration.php

upload_2017-6-3_8-58-31.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-3_8-58-31.png
    upload_2017-6-3_8-58-31.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,918
The new rendering is updated in the database. The change in total unit counts was reduced from 32 to 30 units. The overall building height changed from 20.73m to 20.50m.

Rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUL 5  2022-1.jpg

Reactions: PMT
Very nice to see this long vacant lot get filled. Really disappointed with the relatively short height, considering this is a large corner lot with a wide laneway separating it from residential to the north.

Out with the old, in with the new, for now, as this site gets another comprehensive resubmission.

The proponent is still Eden Oak and the architect is still SRN, but the proposal is now 11s, instead of 5.

@Paclo

New AIC link:

From the above:

1726915590306.png

Site Plan:

1726915647020.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1726915703767.png

1726915811113.png

83 units over 2 elevators is one elevator for every 41.5 units.

No Resident Parking gives a parking ratio of zero.

Comments:

On height, the ask is aggressive for the area, nothing has been proposed/approved at greater than 6s. In theory I could be fine w/the height ask, but by not having a podium as such and going for an 11s streetwall, I would find that difficult to support in its current design iteration.

There is also a lack of ground floor retail, and without a base building design, a relatively short ground floor stands out in a negative way.

The balance of the architecture is not to my taste, but there's plenty worse out there.

Comments:

On height, the ask is aggressive for the area, nothing has been proposed/approved at greater than 6s. In theory I could be fine w/the height ask, but by not having a podium as such and going for an 11s streetwall, I would find that difficult to support in its current design iteration.

There is also a lack of ground floor retail, and without a base building design, a relatively short ground floor stands out in a negative way.

The balance of the architecture is not to my taste, but there's plenty worse out there.
The 11s story ask is in line with the right of way equivalent height permissions currently being worked out in the Lakeshore Avenue Study, which would see Lakeshore west of Kipling (ish) see 11s as of right and everything east of Kipling to the end of New Toronto be 8s as of right. The study is not finished yet, although it should be for next year and the as of right height permissions being that are essentially a done deal, that's why the dev is going for 11s.

Back