Toronto Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Struck me as a cool angle of RoCP's underwhelming crown.

DSCN1471.jpg

i wonder if anyone who is living in phase one higher floors have issues with the elevators... recently it has been down to only one elevator that is working for the upper floors.. really frustrating

I presume it's 3 or 4 years away, but an update of this area can't come quickly enough. I'd like to see the slab which leads into north end of College Park graded from the park above and greened up. This park has a lot of potential, it just needs money and imagination.

Isn't RoCP supposed to be Art-Deco-inspired? Try as I might, I really don't see it. I find with this project, in particular, distance makes all the difference, i.e. the farther away, the better it looks. Get too close and it all just falls apart.

...and the garage doors are not only entirely the wrong colour for the complex, but they look like they're off a suburban house.

Big ew.

yep, so true. You'd think they would have gone for something with a bit of upper end style. I can think back to many examples of how to do classy garage doors from my stay in Pacific Heights, San Francisco...

They just don't match the design at all... the squares design and the colour and ... ahhhh they're terrible. :(

Isn't RoCP supposed to be Art-Deco-inspired? Try as I might, I really don't see it. I find with this project, in particular, distance makes all the difference, i.e. the farther away, the better it looks. Get too close and it all just falls apart.

Well that's just the thing, it lacks the most important part, the art decoration. Sure the general shape, with its setbacks and whatnot resemble 1930s art deco skyscrapers from afar, it lacks the carvings, intricate stone/brickwork, and other art detailing that make art deco art deco. Prime example, Commerce Court North.

That said, I actually like these buildings for the most part, they just need some nice sculptural or carved elements; but perhaps that'd be too derivative.

To casaguy: What is that old (Victorian?) structure in the foreground. It looks pretty cool, I like scoping out old architecture hidden throughout the city.

Back