Toronto Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Oct. 20th update

ROCP 1 & 2 -

rocp1.jpg

rocp2.jpg

The first photo above is taken from Gerrard & Yonge, that parking lot is where Aura will be built

Now let's get rid of that parking lot.

GOOD CALL. Does anyone know what will be happening to the park part of College park once Aura is in? Will it be left alone or redeveloped? I wouldn't mind a refurbishing of some of the 'grimier' parts and perhaps a paving touch up but if they even go NEAR those trees...

^ The developer is making a significant contribution to the park. A number of design changes will also occur as a direct result of the Aura complex. Work should be underway during the construction of Aura.

^^ What about the park of the park that abutts the new townhouses at RoCP1 & 2 (I like to call these ugly townhomes RoCP 1.5)? This section was leveled for construction purposes but will probably be open for use by christmas. Are the developers committed to putting the trees back and continuing the path (using the same concrete/red clay motif)? The lushest part of the park is the wooded area near the back of Liberties and RoCP 1.5. I hope that this area will be repaired now that construction is nearly done.

^At first I thought that this photo was an ironic comment on what (some) people wanted for the top of RoCP, then I saw that it was simply a nice comparison between the similar massings of the RoCP pair in the background and the (rather older) structure in the foreground.

Bill

Ok. I think there has been a little confusion over my comments regarding the roof elements (or lack thereof) at ROCP 1&2. Over on the 1Bloor East thread I made a post regarding the lack of a 'spire' or some such crowning piece on the buildings. While I completely agree that a roof element could end up being tacky, cheaply made and a general blight on the building, I also believe that it could/would complete the tapering of the structures nicely.

Can this be done without a whole lot of bad design decisions and poor material choices? Yes! Those who also frequent the SPP forum will be familiar with the Signature Tower currently planned for downtown Nashville (of all places!). THIS is the kind of thing I mean when I advocate elements on the top of ROCP - its a bold architectural statement and one which will continue the art deco influences right to the top...I think it looks fantastic.

SigModel1.jpg

SigModel5.jpg

The concrete shelf they have left at the top ruins the entire effect of these buildings. I actually have to admit that I love the base though... very different for a Toronto condo's podium.

Back