Toronto The Residences of 488 University Avenue | 206.95m | 55s | Amexon | Core Architects

Walking down University Avenue yesterday…

View attachment 141573

Am I understanding correctly that the new elevators for the residential suites will be in that corner protrusion? If so, will the elevators have a window view?

If that's not the case, are they just extending some of the current elevators into the addition? or are they just going to have people use the current elevators and then transfer to the new residential elevators which would start in the first floor of the addition? (neither of those options can be correct, because the residential component has a separate entrance, right?)

Am I understanding correctly that the new elevators for the residential suites will be in that corner protrusion? If so, will the elevators have a window view?

If that's not the case, are they just extending some of the current elevators into the addition? or are they just going to have people use the current elevators and then transfer to the new residential elevators which would start in the first floor of the addition? (neither of those options can be correct, because the residential component has a separate entrance, right?)

That extension is where the express elevators will be to take residents from the ground lobby to the sky lobby. Then there will be residence elevators in the middle of the floor plate to take you to the residences. I believe it will be the same elevator shafts as the office tower but you cannot go to the residence floors from below the 19th floor where the amenity floor starts. A bit of a pain to have to take two elevators to go home but this ensures security and privacy. I don’t think the express elevators are see through. It’d be cool though if they are.

IMG_1501.JPG
Today: only 27 floors to go...

Attachments

• IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 1,118
I think it's incredible that the building has been occupied and business as usual while this has been going on. Fun project to watch rise!

So far everything is very close to the rendering including the window frames. I’m wondering how they will create the horizontal lighting inside the light box of the atrium.

Back