Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

The crane removal signifies another milestone in construction/completion :D! i think the Ritz/RBC have been the greatest additions to the skyline since the Bay Adelaide Centre. i think i might miss the "clean" look the ritz has right now without the logos. i believe there will be logos on 3 sides. such a sharp looking structure doesn't necessarily NEED logos. but it should look nice next to RBC/Dexia,

Interesting quote from a Globe & Mail article today....

Now that the Residences at the Ritz-Carlton is close to completion, prospective buyers who live in Toronto are coming around to knock at the door, says Stephen Price, chief operating officer at Graywood Developments Ltd. About 75 per cent of units are sold, he says. Mr. Price isn’t worried about being able to sell the remaining condos – in fact, Graywood is looking to build more. “If anything, there’s an under-supply.”

Wasn't there a rumour a while back about another hotel planned for the Ritz sales centre site?

rest of article, as noted on UT's home page, here....http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/how-to-weather-the-real-estate-chill/article1680556/?cmpid=rss1

I would really, really, take that with a grain of salt ...

Put yourself in his shoes ... a developer ...

Wasn't there a rumour a while back about another hotel planned for the Ritz sales centre site?

i've never really heard of an "official rumour" (does that even make sense?), but i've always wanted to see something big go up on that site. it seems like a good spot to build a highrise considering the views it will have and an ideal location (considering its just off university).

"The Residences of the Ritz carlton Sales Centre" FTW! :D

Forget opening for the Film Festival, these guys might get shut down for a while, whilst this is investigated....

Quoting a comment on CBC.ca:

I work at the building that the transformer fell from. I was 20 ft. away from the entire accident on the roof. I wonder why there is no mention of the crane piece that tipped over smashing in the glass roof that the transformer fell off of. The company that was responsible for removing the crane was written up by a third party saftey consulting company last week after unsafe work practices and damaging the building once already. Thank you Ellis Don for putting my, and countless other lives at risk. It is a miracle that no one was killed and that the rest of the crane (still unsafley rigged, perched atop the roof) didnt come down as well. there needs to be more coverage of this story. do some digging and find that report CBC. look at what you don't see. I would bet that no more than one, if any, of the workers have a rigging ticket or union card. This is what happens when you have scab companies come in and do things as cheap as passible.

why didnt they use an external crane set up. they must have known how difficult it would be to get the crane off the roof, when all was said and done...

Can you find Ritz?

Attachments

• DSC01679.jpg
    DSC01679.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 375

Back