Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Ritz crane coming down today

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

My bad, false alarm. The crane was at an angle that looked like it was being disassembled.

Workers were laying the sidewalk today. Looked like grey panels. I couldn't identify the material from across the street though. :/
Missed the Film Festival by that much, these guys must be kicking themselves....
Have you heard what the official opening date is?

by me...

sany2399.jpg

nope, but juding by what went on at the TIFF Festival Tower with it's crane, the earliest I could see the Ritz opening is Mid October....

maybe they are trying to pull a rabbit out of their ass, and surprise us.. they have 4 weeks....

nope, but juding by what went on at the TIFF Festival Tower with it's crane, the earliest I could see the Ritz opening is Mid October....

maybe they are trying to pull a rabbit out of their ass, and surprise us.. they have 4 weeks....

It looks like there are curtains up in the some of the windows, could that mean some of the rooms are complete? Can anyone who has been by give a report on the condition of the entrance & lobby? Perhaps they might be able to pull off a soft opening in time for TIFF.

From my window, it definately looks like the crane is coming down. There is a blue crane right next to it (and its not the window washing crane) and it looks like its being dismantled. (and Woop - my first post that is live from the ground in Toronto!! Yeah!!)

You guys are talking like this will be the last TIFF in Toronto. It's not that big of a deal if they aren't open for this years.

It's not the end of the world however given it's proximity to the downtown TIFF premiere cinemas, it's five star status, the types of visitors TIFF is hosting and the enormity of the event it would be a natural for it to be operational in time for TIFF if possible. Last winter of spring I recall the hotel portion being targeted for opening in time for TIFF, hence the question - could it be ready in three weeks?

From my window, it definately looks like the crane is coming down. There is a blue crane right next to it (and its not the window washing crane) and it looks like its being dismantled. (and Woop - my first post that is live from the ground in Toronto!! Yeah!!)

Don't know if you are moving here or just visiting, but welcome to TO! :)

I think so too, but every render I have seen shows that silver strip stopping right where it is.

:(

Show me one.

You could have looked at the pictures on the previous page which show the east face of the building with its completed 'zipper.' There's no diagonal cap on the west face yet because of the crane disassembly.

Back