Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

18 York isn't underway.. Unless you know something we don't;) Anyway, you left out poor 151 Front.. that tower has been too quiet as of late. If this proves correct (including the mindblowing fact that there are apparently 5-6 companies looking for such a huge amount of office space), we'd truly be living a Toronto renaissance! Anyone care on speculating which companies might be looking for this?

I can speculate Rogers, they are growing steadily, maybe they will decide to expand. :confused:

I always wondered why they never put a logo on the south side. Seems kind of barren on top given it was designed for a logo.

The hotel brand is already in Toronto. They would just move from their current hotel. That's the reason I can't mention the hotel by name.

Oh, well then it's obviously that Travelodge on King West that we've been musing about in another thread.

(gbelan: Hotel brands switch properties fairly often, always trying to have the building that best fits their brand image in whichever city. i would be willing to bet that this switch will be an upscale brand that targets business travelers, (and not travelodge) maybe Meridien. If it were the Meridien, you can bet that the King Eddy wouldn't be redeveloped, it would be rebranded. Starwood's St. Regis chain would be a nice fit for that property for example. Anyway, whichever brand it is that's planning the switch, I think it's more likely that the property they are leaving is not likely to close.)

Could a good brand coming into 1 King West make much better use - upscale restaurant? - of the 2nd floor banking hall? I cannot remember what the current club arrangement is in that building - is it on or off?

I'm going to guess that 1 King West becomes a Holiday Inn and the existing Holiday Inn on King St West becomes the W.

Re hotels; I King is about to be branded. Can't divulge name as yet.

My guess is Radisson. They are sort of hidden away on Harbourfront and the decor of One King would fit. The chain is sort of mid-market and small. I can't see the big players like Starwood, Hilton, or Mariott making deals with One King.

Back