Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

It is hard to imagine such a turn around in the Toronto office market after a residential based boom for so long. The plan of lowering business taxes is already paying off perhaps? It is interesting to see that we are starting to see buildings replacing buildings of greater than four storeys rather than simply replacing parking lots and smaller buildings.

Thanks V of E, a 1000 + footer Foster is just what this city needs. Hopefully more like London Bridge Tower and less like the Bow.:)

Not to be disgusting or anything, but boy am I ever salivating. V of E's post just took 10 years off me.

I am keen to see the Richmond-Adleaide Centre go ahead (assuming the new plan is better), and as part of that I would love to see the Concourse Building turned into a hotel - this would be PERFECT for W. (Are you listening Starwood? Of course not, but still, it would be perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect.)

I would love to see a 1000 foot Foster across Bay from the ACC, to fill that hole in the city's fabric, and put the new workers close to Union Station, in a very prominent place near the waterfront and therefore front-and-centre on the skyline. (How interesting could it be to have Foster and Libeskind kitty-corner across therailway tracks from each other down there ina few years?)

And just to get back to 426 University... Hmm. 50 floors seems slightly excessive here, but I wouldn't have anything against a building popping out up above the office towers on either side of it. 42 floors maybe?

Re hotels; I King is about to be branded. Can't divulge name as yet. Also Raffles is very interested for inclusion in upcoming condo development.

Cool cool. - V or E dont know how you get this insider information, but it is welcome news.

1000ft'er for Manulife!! lets hope our dream becomes a reality.

Re hotels; I King is about to be branded. Can't divulge name as yet. Also Raffles is very interested for inclusion in upcoming condo development.

Ohhhh! What fun!

Anyone care to speculate?

Econo Lodge 1 King West
Ramada 1 King West
Budget Inn 1 King West
Motel 6 Downtown Toronto

These are the only big brands I can think of that aren't already downtown. And would reflect Stinson's Home Depot asthetics.

*Ducks*

Though Raffles (certainly not in Harry's league) is an exciting development.

I could see Raffles being a good fit for 1 Bloor if the developers are indeed looking to do a 5 star hotel (yet another one).

There's no Crowne Plaza downtown any more.

There's no St. Regis. There's no Omni. No Sofitel. No Swissôtel. No Wyndham. No Schrager. No Mercure. No Mandarin Oriental. No Adam's Mark. No DoubleTree. No JW Marriott. No SpringHill Suites. No Embassy Suites. No Conrad. No Regal. No Regent. No Red Roof Inn.

And no W, but as we all know, the W is going into the Concourse Bldg, right?

Also no Knight's Inn, no Studio 6, no Rodeway, no La Quinta, no Red Carpet Inn (42, I thought you of all people would have thought of the last two), and no Ye Olde Off Ramp Inn.

ShonTrons, some evenings you try to forget...

Oh, and SNF, we definitely have some of Ye Olde Inn and Out around here.

Back