Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

Today:

971LtI9.jpg

^^^ I agree. The pattern repeats every 6 rows, creating a not so appealing wallpaper pattern that would age quickly.
I prefer a purely randomized pattern with a couple more shades of grey.

I think digital camo (a 21st century take on combat camouflage) is a fitting pattern for this project. It may be a stretch, but I see it as a cool homage to the site and it's military institute past. Just like digital camo, the RCMI is a new incarnation of an old concept (at least in name)

Last edited:
The torch above CityTV is rusting badly. It's really disappointing that Rogers did the absolute minimum to improve the exterior of this mess given it's high profile, and a sad contrast of where they moved from.

It is pathetic I must admit, but a part of me really wants to see the entire thing just rust. It would add some much needed texture and colour to the sea of grey buildings in the square, and would also add to the grityness of toronto. Who knows, maybe it will get to that point one day though!

Wouldn't surprise me if Rogers eventually just removes the entire torch portion of the building.

The torch above CityTV is rusting badly. It's really disappointing that Rogers did the absolute minimum to improve the exterior of this mess given it's high profile, and a sad contrast of where they moved from.

The torch doesn't make Rogers money. It will continue to rot away. What a terrible company.

Back