Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

From yesterday:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2638.JPG
    IMG_2638.JPG
    802.4 KB · Views: 1,407
I don't really like the North side of this building. It seems really dead when walking south on University av. Is there a reason why theres no windows on that side?

I don't really like the North side of this building. It seems really dead when walking south on University av. Is there a reason why theres no windows on that side?
A taller building going up and blocking the view as well very little light getting in.

I like this building because it's amusing, I smile every time I see it.

The base could not be called Facadism because it doesn't resemble the original RCMI building. It's basically a towntown glass tower plunked on top of a replica of a Forest Hill neo-classical monster home.

Only in Toronto...

I think some of it has to do with the structure of the building (being so thin) that there is a concrete wall instead of windows, but as drum118 said, some of it is cause 488 University going up nearby, but at the same time, there's still plenty of breathing room between the two towers for decent north views. There's a sizeable building in between them.
I dislike the North Side as well. I wish they slanted the fin at the top and got rid of the checkered spandrel pattern.

Back