Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

Cassius, is this the location you were refering to for a possible Manulife Tower?

I would have to agree.

501230372_78a55c3109_o.jpg

The glass one Ed? I'd love to lose the one on the north east corner of Wellington and Somcoe.

Cassius, is this the location you were refering to for a possible Manulife Tower?

I would have to agree.
Yup, that's the one. With RBC across the street, it's not like they'd be taking the risk of developing office space too far away from the CBD (like RBC did) any more as it would become part of it.

I've alway thought that block bounded by Wellington, University, Front and Simcoe should turn into a single major development like BCE or First Canadian. Then they could make a significant plaza out of University and Front and get rid of that ugly parking garage ramp.
A nice, impossibly high tower would look good there too.

Though the usual "heritage" caveat about the old warehouse buildings on Front...

They may not be stellar, but they will probably pass for heritage, especially in this area.

All that parking garage entrance needs is for it to be landscaped with some trees and stones- could look great if whoever does it, means it.

p5

The corner of Front & Simcoe is begging for a tall tower...50 storeys would be acceptable. Front & John is begging for a great little 15-20 storey, preferably office building.

Front and John could also house a massive office development that would see the hydro transformer hidden within it. The only issue with that site is it's over 2 blocks to the nearest subway, and a tower here would be standing behind the CN Tower.

Back