Toronto Regent Park: Daniels Artworks Tower | 105.76m | 33s | Daniels | BDP Quadrangle

View attachment 164468[/QUOTE]
Looking at the plans, it looks like there are smaller retail units on the ground level along Dundas, but the second level looks like a huge fully open space for one tenant (12542 sq ft), accessed via escalators. I wonder if that type of setup is intended for a grocery store? If so that would be a great addition to the East end of Regent Park.

View attachment 164468

I believe there have been discussion that it will be in fact a grocery store. Discussion noted here: https://www.torontohousing.ca/events/Documents/Design Review Panel/2018-06-07_TCH DRP Minutes_accessible.pdf

I wonder what grocery chain will come in? I hope it’s not a super sized Rabba

The RP Presentation Centre updated with ArtWorks...

ArtWorks1.jpg

ArtWorks2.jpg

ArtWorks3.jpg

Proposed grocery store on the podium's second floor...

ArtWorks4.jpg

ArtWorks5.jpg

ArtWorks6.jpg

The larger model updated...

ArtWorks7.jpg

RP 'street wall' :)

ArtWorks8.jpg

funny how they haven't put in their rental building on River south of Dundas even though it's well under construction.

I beg to differ. At least Soviets were smart enough to go with punched window designs, seeing how they are too situated in a northern climate:
1543444399272.png

P.S. Top-notch nickname for this forum. Bravo!

After all these years Daniels hasn’t updated their kitchens? Literally the same exact kitchen as the last several RP projects dating back at least 5 years now. At least try.

The Block 27 camera (still live for some reason) shows shoring has begun. Would love to see an actual update if anyone is in the area:
Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 3.12.06 PM.png

Looking at the plans, it looks like there are smaller retail units on the ground level along Dundas, but the second level looks like a huge fully open space for one tenant (12542 sq ft), accessed via escalators. I wonder if that type of setup is intended for a grocery store? If so that would be a great addition to the East end of Regent Park.

View attachment 164468

Capture.JPG

Just checked out the dev application and they added revisions to the site plans. Unfortunately it looks like the grocery store is no more... instead it will be traditional retail space and 9 new residential units. Big loss! They really need to add another grocery store

View attachment 186080

Just checked out the dev application and they added revisions to the site plans. Unfortunately it looks like the grocery store is no more... instead it will be traditional retail space and 9 new residential units. Big loss! They really need to add another grocery store

Oh no.. this is really unfortunate. I agree with you - this area of the city really needs another grocery store, and this would have been a great location.

I wonder what the cause for the revision was? I suppose the decision is also somewhat final, or at least with little to no chance of being reverted, huh?

View attachment 186080

Do you know if that is the application or it's already been approved? I wonder if there is any opportunity for neighbourhood residents to provide their input regarding this change.

Back