Toronto Regent Park Buildings 4B + 4C | 128.96m | 39s | Tridel | gh3

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
This thread will be used for Buildings 4B + 4C within the Regent Park master plan, more details in our front page story here: https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2024/10/19-and-39-storey-towers-proposed-part-regent-park-phase-4.57083

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural Package_Regent Park Phases 4 & 5-0.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural Package_Regent Park Phases 4 & 5-2.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural Package_Regent Park Phases 4 & 5-3.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural Package_Regent Park Phases 4 & 5-4.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural Package_Regent Park Phases 4 & 5-5.jpg

1728308364862.png

Okay, this is the block relevant to me. I'm excited to see it get completed.

We live on Spruce street which is one block north of Gerrard. Down towards the east end (River).

So buidlings 5E, 5F, 5G, 5H are the ones that interest me the most.

Are there any 'shadow maps' or ways to see where the building's shadow will fall? I would hate to think any of these buildings would be so tall or big that they would cast long shadow 3 blocks north across our house so we don't get sun from south. But who knows.

When will final block of buildings get demolished? Is that still a year or so away? Folks definitely still living there.

Can anyone post renderings of the buildings in this specific thread. I know they are scattered around elsewhere.

Last edited:
Thank you for that link. Lots of fun documents to look at.

Here's what the longest shadows of the day/year will look like. Folks on Sword street are suddenly going to be under a lot of shadow for a good part of the day, but doesn't look like it will stretch as far north as Spruce.

Purple is new shadow.

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 11.56.25 AM.png

I like what comes to design, but I don’t like the layout which looks awkward and gives the feeling that it’s 3 different buildings by 3 different developers who somehow agreed about design and height. The part of building in the middle looks like it doesn’t belong here, why did they decide to make it 1 foot taller than left part? Anyway potentially design looks great, can definitely see an inspiration from Southern block (Canary), and it’s wonderful that we get more good architecture, but something needs to be done with layout 🙂

Back