Toronto Regent Park: Daniels on Parliament | 88.25m | 25s | Daniels | superkül

Not a huge fan of this overall. It looks like they tried to update a 70s apartment block, but just made it fussier.

I do love brick, though, so at least it might look warm.

It reminds me of the Bay-Charles Towers which I don't mind too much. But I think fussy is a good description for what Superkul have drafted up here. The shorter building and courtyard concepts are fine in my books. But the tower in its current state has the recipe to end up looking messy if awkwardly executed and dated quickly.

Wow, superkul, this is not super cool. Way too busy. Needs to be edited. Less is more. The only redeeming part is the use of brick.

Oh good lord, please simplify. Daniels is not going to do anything like what's proposed here - that means we'll just get horrendous colour variations a la Block 27.

Know your client, Superkul, and design accordingly.

As I was looking at the renders I kept saying "Daniels? Do that? Yea right". I think this will look like crap.

Not a huge fan of this overall. It looks like they tried to update a 70s apartment block, but just made it fussier.
I do love brick, though, so at least it might look warm.
Getting some Crossways vibes unfortunately...
Me too. I'm even among the rare few who have a soft spot for the brick Brutalism of the Crossways.
The Crossways, and, even more so, Bay Charles towers, are *fantastic* and we would be lucky to be able to replicate them here. They are gems in the WZMH and Northgrave portfolios.

Looks awesome to me. I am here for the late 70s/early 80s brick skyscraper revival.
100%, bring it on! This ain't that, though...

June 19th

IMG_20200619_173337.jpg

Bay Charles towers are great I agree, especially with the original courtyard. Crossways has a lot of issues that are hard to look past though. Its grade level is beyond atrocious.

New public road “Dreamer’s Way” looks complete:

View attachment 257665

I can't be the only one looking at the new streetlight fixture, which overall has a classic Toronto look with the acorn-variant fixture head.............and then has a jarringly incongruous pedestrian-light that does not showcase
the same design ethos at all.

I'm fine w/the Acorn light here. I'm fine w/pedestrian-scale lights.

But can't we get the 2 styles to match?

Back