Toronto Rail Deck District | 227.23m | 70s | Craft Dev Corp | Sweeny &Co

What a punch in the gut. So where’s the park? Is it relegated to the scraps left over from the developer feeding frenzy.

If I was the developer, I’d offer to build the entire park with the condition that Toronto requests an MZO. Time is money, and this really looks like an OLT project otherwise.

this is absolutely awful

It's not great, that's for sure.

also, has craft development only built strip malls before? How could they pull this off

Yes, but this is a JV, Craft is only one partner, and the others do have experience w/towers.

Which is not to say this will be pulled off in the near term; it's a challenging site no matter the builder.

It says right in the report massing exercise. Clearly these are not anywhere near the final design, just a massing of the heights and tower widths. This in no way means they will be boxes. They are just showing the envelope in which each tower will sit with a maximum width and height for each parcel of land.

Wow, we've reached another tier of The Cheapening.™

Really disappointing renders.
Yeah the buildings are too tall to begin with and more bulkier taking up more parkland space. And covering the view and sunlight to The Well and niebouring condos, homes, etc on the north side of Front st.

I know the Rail Deck Park is probably a fantasy that will never happen, but if this goes through, it still will be really sad to officially lose the dream. It would just be such an incredible upgrade for the city if you could create a cool public space over that corridor. It's not like there are other big swaths of land downtown you could do something great with.

I know the Rail Deck Park is probably a fantasy that will never happen, but if this goes through, it still will be really sad to officially lose the dream. It would just be such an incredible upgrade for the city if you could create a cool public space over that corridor. It's not like there are other big swaths of land downtown you could do something great with.
There's plenty of rail east and west of this site

If we get rid of the Gardiner and build up the area near the tracks east of Union station, then we could deck it all with a park like CIBC square

Isn’t Spadina front go train going to be the second transport hub…

This place is destined to be a high density zone..

The well needed this too.. front street might become the next queens street!

I don’t understand the rectangular building in the mid zone… would people even buy those?!? It’s literally a face to face building view…

Toronto Model 03-24-23 Rail Deck District.png

Toronto Model 03-24-23 Rail Deck District2.png

Toronto Model 03-24-23 Rail Deck District3.png

Back