News   Mar 28, 2024
 256     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 634     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 376     0 

Toronto, raccoon capital of the world

You forget, but Raccoon City was Toronto.

tumblr_l73py6uUZT1qzgzwdo1_500.jpg

2008_10_01_crash-bank.jpg
Important to note that Scotiabank has successfully expanded to the fictional world: take that big 5!

The usually come in a hole in the eaves ... though I'd bet it was more likely squirrels or bats than racoons.

BTW, I missed the CBC Nature of Things raccoon documentary - Raccoon Nation - though I just noticed it is repeated on CBC Newsworld on Thursday March 3rd at 10 pm!

Last edited:
The usually come in a hole in the eaves ... though I'd bet it was more likely squirrels or bats than racoons.

BTW, I missed the CBC Nature of Things raccoon documentary - Raccoon Nation - though I just noticed it is repeated on CBC Newsworld on Thursday March 3rd at 10 pm!

You can also see it on the internet at this link.

I watched this the other night- very interesting. Unlike most animals they are not only able to adapt to human presence but in fact thrive on it. Their is even evidence that urban raccoons are smarter and more crafty than their country cousins. In other words human presence is boosting their intelligence. Apparently encounters with humans are rare considering the great numbers that live in our presence and it's not so much their temperament that is dangerous but rather it is their excrement that you need to look out for. Supposedly even ingesting dust particles with raccoon poo when sweeping the driveway etc. can make you seriously ill.

Last edited:
One night in the fall I had three of them in my backyard tree, hissing and screaming at each other.

The tree was swaying everywhere with their weight. They took down a few branches and really killed my sleep for a few days. So loud.

What i have found from experience (3 wildlife removal invoices in 10 years) is that squirrels will be the first to come in through a smaller entrance into your attic, after that raccoons will chew that hole larger and move in for a the winter, they usually have a litter by late winter early spring and move out by june/july due to the high temperature in the homes attic. A couple years ago i even had a squirrel fall out of a 2nd floor pocket door in front of my dog, didnt he chase it around the house damaging the coffee table and various other things, to boot the cat got in to it..lol, it sure wasnt nice.:eek::D

The Porter raccoon, article from PR Newswire:

Porter Debuts Television Advertising Campaign
Mr. Porter takes centre stage

SOURCE Porter Airlines Inc.

TORONTO, March 7 /PRNewswire/ - Porter Airlines is set to release its first series of television ads. The animated spots come as the next step in Porter's marketing strategy and feature the company's raccoon brand mascot, Mr. Porter.

"We are looking forward to introducing Mr. Porter to television audiences as part of our first broad-based television advertising campaign," said Robert Deluce, president and CEO of Porter Airlines. "Mr. Porter embodies the friendliness and approachability of Porter and has helped to establish our company within the minds of our passengers, so it is natural for him to expand his presence to television."

The ads focus on moments in the life of Mr. Porter, showcasing Porter's convenient downtown Toronto hub at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, friendly service, and amenities, such as all-access departure lounges, in-flight legroom, and complimentary snacks and beverages. Mr. Porter is an important part of Porter's brand and is currently featured on the website, in-flight magazine, in print ads and other aspects of the brand calling for attention....

Read More: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/porter-debuts-television-advertising-campaign-117517518.html

[video=youtube;ZptVNbazZZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZptVNbazZZE&feature=player_embedded[/video]
[video=youtube;teyr_v7MzgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teyr_v7MzgY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I saw a motherloving possum out front of the cheese store on Church at 7 this morning. Screw raccoons, a possum will mess a guy up.

Back