Toronto QueenChurch | 185.9m | 57s | Tridel | Kirkor

I really don't like the low rise portion above the historic buildings. It floats over top of them, and doesn't fit or match. Ugly. The tower should just go straight up behind the buildings and get rid of those boxy parts.
They have to have outdoor amenity space, so typically the only way to do that on a site like this is with a podium rooftop… so, boxiness.
The streetcar on Queen is going the wrong way!
Exactly. Be careful out there in Torender!

I've updated the database file, changed the height to reflect the top of the measly foot-high parapet, and added higher-res images, including this one which I call Streetcar Showdown:

View attachment 279318

I see 2020 is giving us an Imo vs Mont-Blanc reboot

There was an ad in the paper on Saturday that indicates the site is for sale.

Capture.JPG

Site Plan Approval application submitted:

Development Applications

Updated project description:
Site Plan approval for a 57-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 250.0 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 29,650 square metres. A total of 445 residential dwelling units are proposed, along with 51 below grade parking spaces.

Does anyone know when they plan on breaking ground?
Well, if the site is for sale as indicated in post 154, they won't be breaking ground for a while. We don't yet know who "they" will be.
It's likely no longer on the market (and no sale has been recorded on Realnet), since there is no point in owners submitting an SPA application to the City unless they are preparing to take the building to market soon. (In fact, submitting an SPA would be counterproductive if they were still planning to sell.) Still, taking something to market is a long way from shovels going into the ground, so guess on that yet.

Some slight changes to the east-looking hero rendering…

View attachment 319625

…while all of the following are new with this SPA submission. Dang, the building looks hot in that south-looking hero shot.

View attachment 319626
View attachment 319624
View attachment 319623
View attachment 319622

The creative liberties taken, shall we say, are not insignificant.

For example, this perfectly transparent clean curtain wall on the north side of the podium is actually entirely spandrel window wall, with mid-height mullions to boot. (I am aware that this will be eventually mostly covered up by the regrettable G+C project next door, but I still don't think they should misrepresent reality.)
1621041872033.png

1621042001022.png

As well, they've rendered the north elevation of the tower as a mix of spandrel with clear vision glass, and it's actually a mix of spandrel with 'frosted tempered glass'... and to my eye, it seems a tad bit heavier on the spandrel.
1621043484473.png

It's also of note that none of the patterns of the spandrel/frosted/vision glass on the tower are accurate in the renderings. The rendering shows the western elevation of the tower having the spandrel and frosted glass in noticeable rows, the elevation shows a much more haphazard placement of panels.
1621043823469.png

Nor do these half-width panels actually show up in the drawings.
1621043777118.png

(All images sourced from the Architectural Documents)

Good detective work! We'll have to call up Core and have their rendering artists take over the architectural drawings and then produce the next revision. The elevation drawings really do scream "nothing special!" although at least there are no waist-height mullions, so absolute disaster has been averted.

It's going to beautiful when finished . I really like towers that Bazis put out so far. Their facades are detailed real nice.

Back