Brampton Queen & McVean | 115.2m | 34s | Bramcon | Icon

DKsan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Another proposed development in east Brampton, along Queen Street this time. On the northwest corner of Queen Street East and McVean. Composed of two building, a two storey building for commercial uses, the other is a 8 storey mixed-used podium and a 34 storey mixed use tower. 776 proposed parking spaces, mostly below grade. Brampton planning link
0EbenezerMap.PNG

EbexSitePlan.PNG

Eben Queen Elevation.PNG

EbenRender.PNG

Another proposed development in east Brampton, along Queen Street this time. On the northwest corner of Queen Street East and McVean. Composed of two building, a two storey building for commercial uses, the other is a 8 storey mixed-used podium and a 34 storey mixed use tower. 776 proposed parking spaces, mostly below grade. Brampton planning link
View attachment 364208
View attachment 364211
View attachment 364209
View attachment 364210
Really eyecatching architecture for one of the most laid back part of GTA. Way to go Brampton !

Really eyecatching architecture for one of the most laid back part of GTA. Way to go Brampton !
Funny you should say that! Not too many outsiders ever travel to Brampton even though there's got to be over 600.000 people living there. And the building looks like it belongs on Toronto's waterfront! It's sad but some of the best proposed skyscrapers are being built outside of Toronto downtown core !

Funny you should say that! Not too many outsiders ever travel to Brampton even though there's got to be over 600.000 people living there. And the building looks like it belongs on Toronto's waterfront! It's sad but some of the best proposed skyscrapers are being built outside of Toronto downtown core !
For Indian Origin people like myself, Brampton is the place where majority start their Canadian experience. So when I first emigrated to Canada from India, having heard people talking about brampton my entire life, I was really surprised to find out about it's relatively cold-shouldered status in GTA.

For Indian Origin people like myself, Brampton is the place where majority start their Canadian experience. So when I first emigrated to Canada from India, having heard people talking about brampton my entire life, I was really surprised to find out about it's relatively cold-shouldered status in GTA.
One good reason why Brampton has to play second best to Mississauga is a lack of limited access highways crossing through it for outsiders. That will change when highway 413 is built and wraps around Brampton connecting to highways 410,400 and 401. Expanding the suburbs through Caledon and Halton hills which some activists don't like but has been approved .

One good reason why Brampton has to play second best to Mississauga is a lack of limited access highways crossing through it for outsiders. That will change when highway 413 is built and wraps around Brampton connecting to highways 410,400 and 401. Expanding the suburbs through Caledon and Halton hills which some activists don't like but has been approved .
Highway 413, while new on the current provincial government's books, still has to go through a federal government environmental assessment, so there's still time to stop that ridiculous looming disaster of a plan… …and Brampton will do just fine if it's not built.

Highway 413, while new on the current provincial government's books, still has to go through a federal government environmental assessment, so there's still time to stop that ridiculous looming disaster of a plan… …and Brampton will do just fine if it's not built.

Brampton is scheduled to grow 900.000 people in the next 30 years. So I guess they're gonna need a highway north of it some day. But I think the route in Caledon should be more closer to the Brampton boundary line. And connect with the existing new 410 to 10 connector road that's already built. Keeping the land north from further sprawling and saving tax payers money. From not extending 410 further north and using the connector road as part of the 413. And just maybe lol ! Tunnel or use a suspension bridge over Humber river area so not to disturb it .

The updated November renderings look pretty good. I was part of the Brampton MTSA planning for the Gore rd/Queen which is to the east of this proposal.
That building is going to have one of the best green views in Peel Region as it's straddled by the protected Claireville Conservation to the North and South.

Brampton is scheduled to grow 900.000 people in the next 30 years. So I guess they're gonna need a highway north of it some day. But I think the route in Caledon should be more closer to the Brampton boundary line. And connect with the existing new 410 to 10 connector road that's already built. Keeping the land north from further sprawling and saving tax payers money. From not extending 410 further north and using the connector road as part of the 413. And just maybe lol ! Tunnel or use a suspension bridge over Humber river area so not to disturb it .
You do not need more highway space for more people if you create places to live, work, and study in close density. Brampton has a chance to densify without the 413 that is slowly slipping away.

Back