Toronto Quayside | ?m | ?s | Dream

I hadn't seen that before, but it's a really nice idea. It's just a short distance to the corner of the new park they're building.

It's not part the current project - but it's always been on the books (from the 2014 LDL EA Addendum)

1615406207477.png

AoD

Hasn't anyone questioned why Waterfront Toronto's concept renderings are so typical? At least Sidewalk's architecture was beautiful, this just looks cookie-cutter. Or is it just a placeholder design?

I hadn't seen that before, but it's a really nice idea. It's just a short distance to the corner of the new park they're building.
Is that not the cherry street bridge in your reference? The one in the quayside renders seems to be a different bridge entirely. But seeing as it’s not really in the rendering and looks more to be like they just added it in the render for show. I could be completely wrong just how I’m observing this. Project wise ... love the idea, the building they focused on is very theatre park Like?

Is that not the cherry street bridge in your reference? The one in the quayside renders seems to be a different bridge entirely. But seeing as it’s not really in the rendering and looks more to be like they just added it in the render for show.

Yeah, it's clearly not in the document I linked. I hadn't seen it prior to those last few posts in this thread, which is why I asked. I think it would be great if they did, as it would shave a material amount off of the walking time from St. Lawrence or Sugar Beach to the new park.

Hasn't anyone questioned why Waterfront Toronto's concept renderings are so typical? At least Sidewalk's architecture was beautiful, this just looks cookie-cutter. Or is it just a placeholder design?

That was lingering in the back of my mind as well. Whatever one may think of Sidewalk Labs, the renderings were beautiful.

Because the City isn't trying to distract you from an all-encompassing, surveillance state with flashy renderings?
Are you saying we should settle for typical design, just because it's not a surveillance state? Am I the only one that was impressed by both the architecture + urbanism of the previous proposal? I'm just saying that the new renderings + block plan are a big downgrade IMO.

Are you saying we should settle for typical design, just because it's not a surveillance state? Am I the only one that was impressed by both the architecture + urbanism of the previous proposal? I'm just saying that the new renderings + block plan are a big downgrade IMO.
You mean the unbuildable-under-current-code, fantasy land, created purely as a design exercise with about as much realism as a video game? Nah, I'll pass, thanks.

They are just placeholders. The winning proponent will prepare their own OBC-compliant, non-surveillance designs.

Back