Toronto QRC West (Queen Richmond Centre West) | 71.93m | 17s | Allied | Sweeny &Co

A bit old but ... 15 Feb 2014
RjraGER.jpg

Considering the building has a bright overtone in the tower portion, I don't think the white sash is awful. It could compliment the glass windows above very well.

Are they white? I'm asking urbandreamer who took the photo because they look light grey in the pic. White should look fine. Grey would be disappointing. Black would have been the best choice.

According to the Allied year end results conference call this morning, Sapient has increased its lease commitment by 10,000 square feet to 60,000 sf.

That would bring the total leasing commitment for QRC West to 130,000 sf.

Are they white? I'm asking urbandreamer who took the photo because they look light grey in the pic. White should look fine. Grey would be disappointing. Black would have been the best choice.

I walked by this project on the weekend. I would descibe them as silvery-grey (metallic), not white. They look pretty terrible. I agree with those who have noted that black would have looked best. I still have high hopes for this project but am somewhat let down that Allied doesn't seem to be sweating the details here.

QRC West - 1.jpg
QRC West - 2.jpg
I walked by this project on the weekend. I would descibe them as silvery-grey (metallic), not white. They look pretty terrible. I agree with those who have noted that black would have looked best. I still have high hopes for this project but am somewhat let down that Allied doesn't seem to be sweating the details here.

No - not white - or silvery grey. The caps were not on the mullion bars - they are being installed now and (to my colour blind eyes) they are a very dark grey, almost black.

Photos taken Thursday morning, March 6 - crew working to install the mullion caps.

Attachments

• QRC West - 1.jpg
    QRC West - 1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 944
  • QRC West - 2.jpg
    QRC West - 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 923
Last edited:
I think the windows with asymmetrical mullions look off. It's a modern look on a heritage facade. We see a lot of it in Toronto--often on projects that incorporate an old building with a new addition--but it almost never looks right.

I think the windows with asymmetrical mullions look off. It's a modern look on a heritage facade. We see a lot of it in Toronto--often on projects that incorporate an old building with a new addition--but it almost never looks right.

Ugh now that you mentioned it I see it and it's bothering me too

Entertainment One (“eOne”) is the tenant leasing up to 70,000 square feet of rentable area at QRC West

Back