Toronto QRC West (Queen Richmond Centre West) | 71.93m | 17s | Allied | Sweeny &Co

It really doesn't seem possible. I wonder how they dealt with the fire safety issue? I didn't think intumescent paint would be enough to get exposed steel supporting an entire tower past engineering and fire safety requirements. One of those legs fails and the whole tower comes down taking the neighbouring building with it.

The steel support is hollow - it will be filled with concrete. Besides if you look at the plans it isn't the only structural support - as important as they are, there are a series of columns in the heritage building as well.

AoD

21 December 2013:
oraf.jpg

z000.jpg

Jan 4

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 978
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 982
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 981
The most impressive engineering in a building in Toronto in a long time? I love that all that weight is carried down through the centre of those X's.

So cool.

The lot next to the 369 Queen W development was the Roots store that mysteriously went up in flames last year. If the lot was incorporated in the new development the Fire Marshall would want to ask some questions of the developer, but it appears the lot remains vacant and is not part of the new development.

The lot next to the 369 Queen W development was the Roots store that mysteriously went up in flames last year. If the lot was incorporated in the new development the Fire Marshall would want to ask some questions of the developer, but it appears the lot remains vacant and is not part of the new development.

This has nothing to do with the Queen Richmond Centre West project!!! QRC West is on the WEST side of Peter Street, the Roots Store was on Queen Street the EAST side of Peter. How could the Roots site be incorporated in this development??? Why do you make such a comment about the Fire Marshall and the developer when the two sites are not even adjacent to each other?

I tend to believe that pre-judging projects based solely on renderings is meaningless and a joke. You can already tell that this is going to be special and better than the renderings, even at this stage of construction. Allied seems to know what they are doing so I have faith that it's going to turn out top notch.

Just announced they have leased 70,000 sq.ft. to a tenant on the 5th to 8th floors to be their national headquarters. Don't know the tenant.

Just announced they have leased 70,000 sq.ft. to a tenant on the 5th to 8th floors to be their national headquarters. Don't know the tenant.

ALLIED PROPERTIES REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUST PROVIDES LEASING UPDATE FOR QRC WEST IN TORONTO

Toronto, February 26, 2014 -- Allied Properties REIT (TSX:AP.UN) today provided a leasing update for one of its properties under development, QRC West, Phase I, which is located on the northwest corner of Richmond and Peter Streets in the heart of Toronto’s Downtown West. This project involves the restoration of two existing Class I buildings (134 Peter Street and 364 Richmond Street West) and the addition of a new, LEED-certified component for a combined gross leasable area (“GLAâ€) of approximately 350,000 square feet. In late 2012, Allied leased approximately 50,000 square feet of GLA in the new component to Sapient Corporation and initiated full construction. The delta-frame structural supports for the new component are now complete, and the process of forming and pouring the new floors is underway.

Allied has entered into a long-term lease transaction with a substantial tenant for up to 70,000 square feet of GLA. The tenant will occupy four vertically contiguous floors, the lowest being the fifth floor, which is the unique interstitial space between the former roof of 134 Peter Street and the underside of the new structure. The premises will serve as the tenant’s Canadian head office upon commencement of occupancy in 2015.

The new component of the project is now 50% leased. “We’re encouraged by the quantity and quality of demand for our properties under development generally and for QRC West in particular,†said Michael Emory, President and CEO of Allied.

Oh sooo curious who the tenant is !!!

Fingers crossed its not someone already in the core ..

Back