Toronto Portland Commons | 71.7m | 15s | Carttera | Sweeny &Co

Feb 19, 2020

fullsizeoutput_3588.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3589.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_358b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_358d.jpeg

Last edited:
If this comes out to fruition as currently rendered I think we'll be able to declare that the old ambitious Sweeny & Co is finally back!

Project website launched by Carttera:

This latest 530,000 sf office development adds to Carttera’s ambitious vision: to create workspaces designed to attract forward-thinking organizations.

At the intersection of Front Street West and Portland Street will emerge a new 530,000 sf innovative office building designed with a focus on technology, wellness and sustainability. Opportunities are available to customize tenant’s experiences with private lobbies, corporate branding and dedicated elevators: all designed to enhance today’s organizational needs. Portland Commons’ unique floor plates create channels to foster collaboration, productivity, health and employee wellness. And for a truly bespoke impression, multiple private terraces elevate employee and client experiences, while enhancing the overall corporate brand.

In collaboration with architects from Sweeny & Co., Carttera will transform the corner of Front and Portland into a workspace environment designed to achieve the highest standards of innovation and sustainability by targeting LEED Gold and WIRED Score Gold.

Construction begins Summer 2020, with occupancy beginning Summer 2023.

1583210685784.png

1583210868634.png

Well done! inline with the podium color scheme (copper/red/brown) and material of Western most building of the Well and honouring the heritage building and King West neighbourhood.

I like the base, even though the whole things feels a little all over the place.

532 Front's been a survivor but not for much longer, it seems. I suppose that knocking it down is a kinder fate than a ghastly facadectomy.

Attachments

• 532 Front St.png
    532 Front St.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 420

Back