Toronto Portland Commons | 71.7m | 15s | Carttera | Sweeny &Co

I believe I attended the same initial community meeting that womble mentioned, and yes, the developer did not bring shadow studies then. Also, Victoria Memorial Square is in shadow during the winter months on a portion of the south side. As for the grass dying in VMS, I would say that is due more to dog urine and not necessarily an absence of sunshine during summer months.
The City is not really concerned about shadows in the winter, as they pretty much cannot be avoided. They check at the Spring and Fall equinoxes though, so that during the sunnier half of the year they know there'll be light on the parks most of the day…

…and yes, dog urine is an issue, so more parks need specially set-up dogs-off-leash areas which are designed to handle the pee.

Last edited:
Application for Site Plan Approval submitted:

Docs are up:

This discussion reminds me of the classic thread on the bodybuilding forum where the members have an earnest argument about the number of days in a week.*

For real though, how can you argue with someone who doesn't acknowledge fundamental laws of physics? It's like trying to debate someone who's convinced that water is not wet, or that gravity goes up, not down.

* Here it is, for your reading pleasure/frustration: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/show...=364dc05906227533e7af7031e5c1e020&pagenumber=
Thank you for linking this gold ??

From the Toyota on Front letter to customers - Last day at the Front and Portland location will be October 31:

I am writing you personally to inform you of some significant upcoming developments at the Downtown Auto Group, of which Toyota on Front is a member. We are in the final stages of completing a brand-new Toyota Super Store at the intersection of Queen Street East and the Don Valley Parkway. This state-of-the-art facility has been in the making for over 5 years and will incorporate the latest technological advancements within the building itself, as well as all the conveniences that today’s consumer is expecting from the world’s most respected and recognized automotive brand, Toyota.

We expect the new “Downtown Toyota” to be completed by the end of this year. It will represent the consolidation of our current Downtown Toyota located at 677 Queen Street East with Toyota on Front, which will cease to operate in its current location effective October 31st, this year.

Portland Property Group are now known as WolfeCorp.

The project listing for Portland Commons mentions an estimated completion in 2023.

Last edited:

Back