Toronto PJ Condos | 156.96m | 48s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Got a shot of them doing some heavy lifting. Not sure what to call that piece, but I'm sure someone understands and appreciates what they're doing here!

That's a fly-form, in the process of being "flown". With the concrete cured on the floor below, it was removed and is just being hoisted into the same position one floor higher.

July 9, 2019

DSC07920.JPG

DSC07925.JPG

DSC07926.JPG

DSC07928.JPG

DSC07932.JPG

DSC07935.JPG

DSC07938.JPG

DSC07939.JPG

Minus a few blips here and there, HP has been pretty consistent with quality designs. The slight angled cantilever on this one is so subtle but so effective. I imagine the building would take on a much less dynamic form without it.

Passing by last evening....north to south. Quite the impression 48 storeys of this will make.

PJ_1.jpg

PJ_2.jpg

PJ_3.jpg

PJ_4.jpg

An interesting angled brick piece to be mounted...

PJ_5.jpg

PJ_6.jpg

PJ_7.jpg

Attachments

• PJ_4.jpg
    PJ_4.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 347
  • PJ_5.jpg
    PJ_5.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 358
  • PJ_6.jpg
    PJ_6.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 344
  • PJ_7.jpg
    PJ_7.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 357
  • PJ.1.jpg
    PJ.1.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 322
  • PJ.2.jpg
    PJ.2.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 348
With the brick and arches, it feels like we're transitioning from 1960s International Style throwbacks (glass towers) to a sort of 1970s "roots" Modernism that's more historically aware and featuring more organic elements like brown, orange, and red brick.
That means it’s 1975 again. Pomo is just around the corner.

I find the strong edges between segments in the precast brick panels jarring. It makes the building feel like it has poorly disguised brick wallpaper. Anyone have a feel for hard/expensive it would it be to make the panels interlocking, or to finish off the edges and joints with some real mortar or masonry?

I find the strong edges between segments in the precast brick panels jarring. It makes the building feel like it has poorly disguised brick wallpaper. Anyone have a feel for hard/expensive it would it be to make the panels interlocking, or to finish off the edges and joints with some real mortar or masonry?
I imagine those will be sealed, I seem to recall King and Portland had the same sort of gaps when they first were installed.

Back