Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
PJ Condos 
283 Adeliade St W, Toronto
Developer: Pinnacle International

PJ Condos | 157m | 48s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini | Page 14

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by Automation Gallery, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Momin

Momin Administrator

Excerpt from a new Front Page Story:

2. interchange42

interchange42 Administrator Staff Member

Digging deeper, from yesterday:

IMG_1738. IMG_1739.

Red Mars, G.L.17, Benito and 5 others like this.
  3. Edward Skira

Edward Skira http://skyrisecities.com Staff Member

4. Keyz

Keyz Active Member

May 18th, 2017

IMG_8732.JPG

5. friendlyfuture

friendlyfuture New Member

From today.

20170601_200129.

6. Red Mars

Red Mars Senior Member

Pic taken June 21, 2017

[​IMG]

cruzin4u, PMT, ADRM and 2 others like this.
  7. AHK

AHK Active Member

The Best Laid Plans.... (or as originally written by Robbie Burns: The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men Gang aft agley... )

It turns out the visible lack of progress for PJ Condos has a cause. Construction activities are on hold, are suspended, due to issues making the underground connection with city services beneath the intersection of Adelaide and John streets. My understanding is that the application for the City to undertake the connection work (an activity for which the City is responsible, but are often carried out by a City hired contractor) was accepted, and the cheque was cashed. However there are now planning and coordination issues within the City areas responsible for managing the necessary road closures and associated construction activities, and that while these issues are being addressed, work at the site are stopped.

No idea how long this will take to play out, the required connections are made, and work can resume...

8. interchange42

@AHK, Does this kind of thing happen more often than we realize, or is this a rare circumstance? I've certainly not heard a similar story before as the reason for a stoppage, but I also know that so many things happen behind the scenes that we don't get the details on…

9. AHK

AHK Active Member

My understanding -629 King Street West and 38 Stewart Street. The main building services for both towers are located in 38 Stewart (the rooftop of 629 King has Lavelle). After the buildings at 629 King Street and 38 Stewart Street were ready (or really, somewhat ready..) for occupancy, the start of move in's was delayed for a number of weeks. When the final water supply connections were being made to the water main under Stewart Street, it was found that the pipe was inadequate, and the resulting pressure drop would go below the minimum required by Toronto Fire Department for their purposes. A whole new water service had to be planned, engineered, and then constructed from the King Street side, through the basement to the 38 Stewart Street building to connect to the in-building services and distribution.

Another instance - King Blue. A large portable generator had to be used for a number of months at a great cost (if I recall correctly, around $20,000 per month) to power the cranes. Application had been made to the City / Toronto Hydro for feed from the nearby electrical vault in front of Bisha - but the application got lost, and no connection was made.

These are just two local incidents that I am aware of.....

10. innsertnamehere

innsertnamehere Superstar

They have closed the bike lane in front of Pinnacle on Adelaide and a regular lane too for the last few days.. pretty sure its just for sidewalk replacement in front of Pinnacle on Adelaide though.

11. interchange42

Wow, frustrating for Greenland no doubt on their first build in Toronto, and I wonder how the water issues were missed when plans were vetted for 629/38.

12. AHK

AHK Active Member

I believe it may have been Ellis Don which ate the cost on the King Blue problem - as the GC it is my understanding that it would have been Ellis Don's responsibility to arrange the power feed to the construction site.

13. skycandy

skycandy Active Member

..this is how it looked today...

PJ1.

PJ2.

Pj3.

PJ4.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    ADRM, old boy, Benito and 3 others like this.
  14. Miscreant

Miscreant Senior Member

Darn--bummer. I was down here the other day and really noticed what a gap this development will fill in the intersection. Obviously the change here is massive, but it's loaded up on the west side. So it'll be nice to see something on the east side filling it all in.

old boy likes this.
  15. salsa

salsa Senior Member

August 9

fr_140 copy.

Red Mars, interchange42 and Benito like this.