Toronto PJ Condos | 156.96m | 48s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I'm very aware of those guidelines, I've had to design to them many times. They are so incredibly limiting and imo not the only housing options urban Torontonians should have.

96B0BDA5-336F-46C2-8D83-A3CF2A9719B9.jpeg
A5CC532B-8E76-4F21-B3A3-239DAAEE8832.jpeg

As I said, it looks a lot better than stuff on the South window wall though.

Those grates on the upper half look terrible (and the whole unit looks cheap as heck). Details count and we know the architects appreciate this fact.
Cheapening by the developer?

That render also shows the lack of bargain grey spandrel that permeates through this building as well. So should we be surprised at this as well?

That render also shows the lack of bargain grey spandrel that permeates through this building as well. So should we be surprised at this as well?
No you shouldnt. Pinnacle isn't the kind of developer to follow through with impeccable detailing and workmanship....or daresay...quality. You can argue this point with One Yonge, but the podium on that project is...lacking. I doubt the units finishing will be all that spectacular.

No you shouldnt. Pinnacle isn't the kind of developer to follow through with impeccable detailing and workmanship....or daresay...quality. You can argue this point with One Yonge, but the podium on that project is...lacking. I doubt the units finishing will be all that spectacular.

It is disappointing/misleading that Pinnacle didn't follow the architectural specifications as the pictures do show shiny glass with open concept for the building. It will be interesting to see if the interior design for the lobby and corridors are modern and well lighted similar to other recently completed condo buildings OR 100 John Street built by Pinnacle a few years ago. Their reputation is on the line as they have several super tall condo buildings for sales at One Yonge.

Last edited:
And because of that, this ruined what should of been an awe inspiring project. Now I'm tempted to call it bacon strips wrapped around a greyed out turd...though I might be overextending my disdain for this if I do. >.<

I wasn’t expecting much but wow the ground level looks terrible for such a prominent intersection. Keeping the window and curtain wall flush with the precast makes the cladding look thin and cheap, and the gaps between panels don’t help. The grey louvres under the faux arches are just the cherry on top. Nice try Pinnacle!

Those grates on the upper half look terrible (and the whole unit looks cheap as heck). Details count and we know the architects appreciate this fact.
Cheapening by the developer?
No doubt there was cheapening involved... but do keep in mind that HPA only served as design architect, with Turner Fleischer taking over as Architect of Record.

No doubt there was cheapening involved... but do keep in mind that HPA only served as design architect, with Turner Fleischer taking over as Architect of Record.
Not to mention, what we end up with is usually at the behest of the developer and not of the architect to my understanding.

Back