Toronto PJ Condos | 156.96m | 48s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

View attachment 236030View attachment 236031

A view of the Southside. I understand where you're coming from @Jon77. At the end of the day, it's a small win compared to what we have now / what we have going up.
Stitched!
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Sorta get an echo of Massey's north side here... why interrupt 3 sides of good cladding?

Quality of spandrel issues aside, dark green glass/spandral has often married well with red brick. While being a brick fanboy, guessing the arch wanted to break up the brick volume here. Not great, but not bad. Not a fail.

Sorta get an echo of Massey's north side here... why interrupt 3 sides of good cladding?

Quality of spandrel issues aside, dark green glass/spandral has often married well with red brick. While being a brick fanboy, guessing the arch wanted to break up the brick volume here. Not great, but not bad. Not a fail.
I'm guessing the dev wanted to pay less for the cladding, and figured they could get away with it on the south side.

I'm guessing the dev wanted to pay less for the cladding, and figured they could get away with it on the south side.

They didn't (want to pay). Which, ironically, makes it in no way comparable to Massey which went full curtain wall on the north side...

Usually I take these shots in the evening or if I'm in on a weekend, since this view is from a busy boardroom. Today, it is eerily quiet and I am part of a skeleton staff, which gave me the opportunity to take it now:

IMG_20200319_111338.jpg

There still is some visible progress to the cladding. It looks like another floor has been added since my last shot as well (although I haven't taken the effort of counting).

So long as we surround the entertainment district cluster with unique, different towers (theatre park, picasso, PJ condos) along the perimeter, we can pretend that your cookie cutter toronto condos like the Bond were never so pervasive...

I just hope the plaza at the corner is designed properly as opposed to the hodge-podge, tripping-hazard POPs across the street (by Sweet Jesus)

Back